Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Soul fork length.
  • joeelston
    Free Member

My Cotic Soul is currently having it’s build finished off by my LBS at the moment. I went with Reba Team 120 forks. The bike shop phoned me this morning and asked if I wanted them spaced down to 100mm or not.

Just wondering as looking through a few old threads 100mm seems a popular choice.

Even Cy has said (three years ago) that he prefers his with 100mm

Anyone changed from 120 to 100?

Any personal preferences?

It’s going to be used for trail centres, costal rides, days out in the borders etc.

matther01
    Free Member

Have run mine with 115-140 talas and 120.

115 was ok, 140 was too long…120 was just right.

misterlee
    Free Member

I went the other way. went from 100 to 120. much prefer it with the 120s

chives
    Free Member

Was using talas (140-120-100) but back on 120mm SID’s at the moment – have toyed with the idea of spacing the SID’s down to 100 though, as the handling’s as sharp as new pin at that length. The strip down to add or remove spacers with your forks will only take 10-15 minutes, so try both to see which you prefer?

chiefgrooveguru

I ran mine with 100mm for about three months and then 140mm for the last three years. Tried someone else’s recently with 120mm and definitely prefer 140s. Hope that helps! 😉

ceepers

Only ridden mine with 120, not sure what you would gain with less travel. I’ve climbed 1in3 seated with a 50mm stem on mine without undue wheelying!

retrobri
    Free Member

Done fair bit of research on this forum a few years back, settled on 120 and no regrets! Excellent bike

joeelston
    Free Member

Thanks, will stick with it as 120

Northwind

I had a u-turn rev but it was mostly at 120mm. Just extended the Sids in the soda to 120mm, just seems better tbh.

spudly1979
    Free Member

Hmm running mine at 140mm,front wheel does wander a little on steep climbs. How difficult is it to shim a set of revs down?

xlaire
    Free Member

I run a 130mm fork and love it. Climbs great and descends brilliantly too.

spazzolino
    Free Member

I have 120s on mine. However, I think I would prefer 100s. 120 is ok if you are doing quite challenging stuff mind you, but if is a case of XC 100 I think would be fine.

wonderchump
    Free Member

Got 120 Rebas on mine too … Love it.

joespencer33
    Free Member

I’m on 120’s with a 70mm stem, just the right amount of front wheel pop.

PolisherMan

130mm U-turn. I tend to run it 120mm most of the time, back up to 130mm for descents if I fancy stopping. 60mm stem.

All depends where in the country you ride I guess.

Scamper
    Free Member

I ran mine at 100, 120, 130 and 140 using Rebas or Revs.

Concluded that avoiding big hitting techy stuff, for both fast and slow twisty singletrack, the less the better in terms getting the front end to stick on corners – but even if you only rode at 140mm and nothing else you could well think it was great. Found the front really only goes walkabout when running a Bfe at 160 on the tighter bends. In the end stuck at well sagged 130mm on my Revs as a `do it all’ travel setting.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Soul fork length.’ is closed to new replies.