Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Soul as only mtb ?
  • iainc

Yep, I am just about decided on it now and thinking about details of build, esp fork. Xfusion velvet RL120 tapered at top of list along with Reba 120 solo air.

Loads of really helpful info on this and my other threads. Also had great feedback from Cy and local dealer, sprockets cycles in Kilmarnock.

Stw at its best 🙂

matther01
    Free Member

Make sure you post a pic when built…gives us all a shameless excuse to do likewise!

iainc

The finished article. Many thanks for all the advice and pointers. Love the build, no real niggles, apart from the darned front pads clicking/rattling (XT)

trailhound
    Free Member

That is 1 darn fine looking bike Iain! Wish I hadn’t started reading this thread ( and the other linked soul one!) as I was quite happy with the contents of my shed when I woke this morning, I shall now be mostly spending the evening doing some soul (geddit?!) searching 🙄

iainc

thanks trailhound 😆

It was quite a while in the planning, and not without sacrafice, with my Rock Lobster and 5 going to new homes through stw. Absolutley love it though and not missing either of the 2 other bikes….yet 😛

richmtb

They are lovely looking bikes.

I wonder if I could slip one past the wife in that colour – it looks just like her Superlight really 😀

iainc

Rich, I’ll not tell her 🙂

mugsys_m8

Looks good Iain. When you bringing it to the alps? It will be 100 % fine as an only mtb. My mtb is à rigid singlespeed inbred and I live near the alps and I am still alive…just ordered à surly ogre to replace it though as it doubles up for touring with the kids too.

penguinni

Gratuitous shot of its twin…..

They are a superb bike. HTR. 🙂

iainc

Cheers mm – maybe the next work away trip ? 🙂

Penguinni – looking good !

robowns
    Free Member

Iain what’s the travel on those velvets?

iainc

Robowns – they are 120mm RL’s

johnnydrz
    Free Member

Funny thing… my wife and I both own and ride Souls since last October. Been riding mtb for more than 15 years. These are the finest bikes we have ridden so far. Hers is 1X10 with dropper seatpost and Reba 120mm. Mine is SS with 130 REVs that will be changed for X-Fusion Velvet 140mm soon. We don’t do DH but we like to climb and ride technical trails. These bikes are so versatile and mostly, they are FUN to ride!!!

Johnnydrz

iainc

Johnnydrz – great sentiments indeed 🙂 I am just heading of to a muddy soggy mugdock with mine in an hour 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Soul as only mtb ?’ is closed to new replies.