Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • SOS! Car insurance for the weekend
  • SaxonRider

I am off to look at a car tomorrow, and wonder what sort of insurance I should carry. Unlike past purchases, where I have essentially committed to buy before picking the car up, it is not certain I will actually buy this car, and it is a long way away from home.

What do I need in order to test drive, and/or keep it on the road until I can put a permanent policy on it?

Sundayjumper

Just phone your insurance company on the day when/if you buy it ? That’s what I’ve always done, either to swap the policy to the new car or to put the new car on temporary cover for a week while I decide exactly what to do.

Edit because I skimmed over the test drive bit. If your current policy gives you 3rd party on other vehicles and the seller is happy, then you’re clear.

sandwicheater

If your current policy gives you 3rd party on other vehicles and the seller is happy, then you’re clear.

Make sure the vehicle already has insurance if you go down this route.

If your insurer is shut at the time/day you go for the test drive, a few day insurers can process the cover for a single day on line, we use dayinsure.com.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘SOS! Car insurance for the weekend’ is closed to new replies.