Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • sort of pretty (for a 29er)
  • rOcKeTdOg

GaryLake
    Free Member

It looks like a Trek that melted a bit!

rOcKeTdOg

i don’t think that’s a bad thing 🙂

nedrapier

Never got the swoopy downtube/pregnant animal/recently fed boa constrictor look. Makes a bike look bloated and unfit.

Sometimes there seems to be a shock clearance reason, most of the time there doesn’t seem to be any reason for adding curves, material and weight. Maybe here you could argue it’s to give enough room for a bottle, but I reckon it’d still fit with a straight downtube.

RoterStern
    Free Member

most of the time there doesn’t seem to be any reason for adding curves, material and weight

If it’s a metal frame the downtube curves are often to give a better weld contact at the headtube. But I know what you mean about the bikes looking pregnant The Giant Maestro bikes look awful in that respect.

rOcKeTdOg

my (beer) belly looks like that 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

That looks yuk.

Who made it?

No bike should look like that, it’s embarrassing don’t you think?

adstick
    Free Member

Looks almost exactly like a Stumpjumper.

DT78
    Free Member

I like that alot

shifter
    Free Member

I’m an anti but even I think it looks good. I suspect it will sell.

svalgis
    Free Member

That looks yuk.

Who made it?
    If you really can’t tell who made it I’m not sure you’re qualified to comment on how it looks. 😉

nuke

I like it. Been waiting to see more details for a while now. That said, if the claimed weight of the alloy Rockstar is 6.1 lb and the carbon Rockstar has a claimed weight of 6.0 lb, I can’t see it worth paying £200 more (or £700 more if that is just a pre-order price)…I guess you’re paying for ‘stiffness’ 😕

nickc

H-ugly

With a capital Huh

bikebouy
    Free Member

Titus, ho day den?

Fugly.

No need to make a bike look ugly is there.

Markie
    Free Member

Bleugh!

ahwiles
    Free Member

i like it – and often, these curvy bikes look much better ‘fo real’.

i would suggest that you can justify a swoopy toptube – for increased goolie clearance.

and i’d follow that up by guessing that a bike with a swoopy toptube and a straight downtube would look even more weird than 2 swoopy tubes.

i want one. 🙂

woolymonster
    Free Member

Niiice…just finished building my alloy Rockstar too.

nikk
    Free Member

Looks like someone ran it into a wall.

coogan
    Free Member

Usual 29er gash looks.

mechmonkey
    Free Member

meh

very stumpy-esque looks

steve_b77
    Free Member

If I had a grand kicking about I’d buy one at the drop of a hat

timb34
    Free Member

I think it looks OK; Looks like most other carbon fs 29ers (Camber, Anthem and so on). Prettier than the Trance.

I think I like the look of the alloy version better though!

Andy

22 comments and not one question or statement about how it rides. Way to go STW. Keep it real 8)

(EDIT: make the 23 etc etc)

khani
    Free Member

22 comments and not one question or statement about how it rides. Way to go STW. Keep it real

(EDIT: make the 23 etc etc)

That’ll be cos it’s not out yet…
    (24)

woolymonster
    Free Member

😀

rOcKeTdOg

22 comments and not one question or statement about how it rides. Way to go STW. Keep it real

As said above, not out or even built yet, still in the carbon factory’s store room i’d think. More “artists impression. Keep up at the back! 😉

smiff
    Free Member

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FRTIROCKC/titus_rockstar_carbon_29er_frame

£1000 frame apparently until tomorrow then £1500. hmmm not sure what to make of that! *

so Q how does it compare to Guapo29er.. this is more an XC bike i guess with 70deg HA?

as for looks … it looks like most modern 29er FS, looks nice imho. i wouldn’t buy carbon because it’s carbon (just me, don’t like the worry) and 6lb doesn’t seem that light either? as nuke said. this could well be a nice all day bike but at that price it’s not the instant grab the EG was to me. i dunno, what’s the competition?

i like that you’ve stuck with normal parts, threaded bb, 135mm wheel etc. no funny stuff. no colour either.

*(if i were being cynical, i’d ask if on-one are paying early adopters £500 to beta test it :p )

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘sort of pretty (for a 29er)’ is closed to new replies.