Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • (sorry) What trail centre/Peaks in summer tyre? (sorry)
  • sambob
    Free Member

Would like to get a new set of tyres, and wondered what people use in summer in the Peaks and for trail centres? Preferably something that works well tubeless but doesn’t cost as much as a tubeless specific tyre. Cheers all.

AndrewBF
    Free Member

Panaracer XC Pro here for summer, living on the edge of the northern Peaks they’ve done me well for a few years.

james
    Free Member

I was pretty happy last summer with Michelin Dry2 2.15″ (about as big as a 2.5″ maxxis), big but fast rolling
    peak, 7stanes, elsewhere

ahwiles
    Free Member

peaks in the summer = rocks, so i like big tyres, kenda nevagals are good, or maxxis advantage.

trail centres = usually surfaced, usually loads of grip, so i reckons something thinner and faster rolling than above, dmr moto diggers seem to be good fun.

based on a system i call ‘random chance’ i’ll usually have 2 tyres with some amount of size and knobblyness, it doesn’t really seem to make all that much difference if i’m completely honest.

but maxxis tyres smell nice.

amodicumofgnar

Advantage up front, crossmark out back. Dont run tubeless so cant say / dont know.

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers all. Anyone tried a Larssen TT?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

minions (for everything) 2.35/60a

BadlyWiredDog

Ardent 2.25 EXO front, maybe an Aspen on the back, or another Ardent. The EXO sidewalls work really well tubeless converted and are good with Peak gritstone abrasion. Maxxis rubber, even the standard 60A or whatever it is, is properly grippy on rock compared to most equivalents ime anyway.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘(sorry) What trail centre/Peaks in summer tyre? (sorry)’ is closed to new replies.