• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by MTT.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sorry… this will be my last car question, I hope!
  • menothim
    Free Member

Okay, I’m on the hunt for a mountain bike carrying car that is going to cost less than £2k. I have an idea of what I’m after..

My question is this, how many miles is too many? For example, a lovely, lovely Mk3 2.0 mondeo estate with 130k, but full history? Daft idea or not?

Should I go older and go below 100k, or newer and accept the higher miles?

nickc

Modern engine with full service history, second hand I wouldn’t necessarily worry about 130K if the price reflected it.

menothim
    Free Member

That was kinda what I was thinking… hmm 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

As I’m not sure what the rules are on here regarding to linking to ebay, all I’ll say is i’m currently trying to sell mine that fits that spec on there in a classified ad with best offer. If you were to email me, we could have a chat about it?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

That’s a typical motorway milage car, so if it’s got the service history then you should be ok. As far as Mk3 Mondeo Estates are concerned then you should be very pleased with it, mine is 7 years old now and has just passed the 130K mark, never had a problem other than tyres, exhausts etc, the usual bits that wear out. I intend to keep it til over 200k as long as nothing major happens.

MTT
    Free Member

mx5

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sorry… this will be my last car question, I hope!’ is closed to new replies.