• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by poah.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sorry, this must be sooo done…. 26" tyre combos?
  • Stablebarns
    Free Member

Unless I’m a complete techno fool, I really couldn’t find anything on Pinkbike or STW ? I tried searching all the usual word combos? Anyhow….

Turner 5 Spot 2005 Horst Link – Pike U-Turn 140
    Kinesis XC130 Hardtail – Fox Vans rlc 130

I’m predominantly riding natural forest trails. Very little rock. Lots of Loam and roots and general forest floor. I have realised I prefer a larger volume tyre, especially on the HT.

Any advice or links to previous threads greatly recei :lol:ved.

konanige

been running on-one chunky monkey on front and smorgasbord on back on my hardtail, plenty grip, tubeless ready lots of squish and available in different compounds at bargain prices.

anotherstan
    Free Member

“I have realised I prefer a larger volume tyre, especially on the HT”

26 x 3″ duro wildlife leopards front and rear on my hardtail.

Stablebarns
    Free Member

Even though I have had plenty of On One products… I’ve never trusted their tyres… pure uneducated prejudice! I’ll have a look.

As for 3″??? Wow.

Never heard of the duros. Only info I cansee is on a unicycle site? Hmmm 😉

eulach

I’ve had no issues with Chunky Monkey – as a rear on both hard tail and uplift bike.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I run hans dampf front and rock razor rear until the weather gets bad then magic Mary front and hans dampf rear,
    But I have heard good things about on
    One tyres, I’ve always stayed away because of the hit and miss quality of everything else they do but I know people that choose one one tyres when cost isn’t an issue

warpcow
    Free Member

Chunky Monkey are pretty horrifying on any kind on soft surface ime, as are HDs. Good on wet rock though. My goto setup is Minion DHF on front and an Ardent on the back. That said, I’m liking the Butcher/Rock Razor combo I’ve got just now.

Andy-R

Stablebarns – Member
    Even though I have had plenty of On One products… I’ve never trusted their tyres… pure uneducated prejudice! I’ll have a look.

Made by Maxxis, so what’s going to be wrong with them? I like them (CM and Smorg.), pretty much all I use.

Northwind

2.4 highroller on the front, captain control 2.2 on the rear. Keep a Shorty in the cupboard for winter.

(I really mean it about the Captain, it’s a bit low volume but it’s nigh godly otherwise, outrageous amounts of grip considering how fast it is.)

poah
    Free Member

I run various depending on the softness of the terrain. currently got 2.4 barons onthe front that replaced bonti XR4 when it was drier. also got HR2 2.4 but you might also want to consider a DHR

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sorry, this must be sooo done…. 26" tyre combos?’ is closed to new replies.