Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sorry if this has been done- Suntour reproduction sort of stuff
  • BruiseWillies
    Free Member

This looked interesting; Seems there’s been a new offshoot of old Suntour stuff, called SunXCD. At the moment, more for touring bikes, but maybe more mtb stuff on its way perhaps?
    http://sunxcd.net/
    Anyway, sorry if it had been done, I just thought it looked interesting!

bikeneil
    Free Member

I don’t see anything of interest there.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

More dull faux retro “achingly hip” shit for fans of Mumford and Sons who like to use words like “artisan” and “craft” while dressing like backwoodsmen, even though they work in accounts and live in Croydon.

ton

that stuff is lovely….would look great on a nice retro coloured tourer.
    i remember it from the late 70’s early 80′.
    freewheel sold a tourer in their catalogue fitted with it iirc.

oldnick

Indexed shifters? They’ll never catch on lad.

epicyclo

The cranks are nice. I haven’t liked the look of cranksets since the 80s – these look like something I’d fit to a bike.

The short cassette hub looks like just the job for a dinglespeed. Shininess a bonus. 🙂

midlifecrashes

Still have my old SunTour GT mech in the cellar from my geared tracker I built around 1979, and some NOS Command Shifters I still haven’t got around to putting on a Dawes. Who needs retro when you’ve got Old. This stuff would look good on one of those retro orange Holdsworths they did a few years back.

Edit: The GT has a one sided cage so you can easily unhook the chain from the lower jockey for cleaning and maintenance, and the one sided cage collected much less debris anyway. An idea worth trying again.

Dilwyn
    Free Member

I’ve still got some old suntour xc pro bits which came off a bike I bought in 1990 (maybe ’91). The hubs are still as smooth as any of my new hubs despite still having the original bearings.

Ton- were those the Romany branded tourers? I have one with a 531 frame and XT on it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sorry if this has been done- Suntour reproduction sort of stuff’ is closed to new replies.