Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sorry fellas…recommend a road bike??
  • discapade
    Free Member

ive been toying with the idea for about 10 mins….lol. its either that or a turbo trainer…i just need a bike around the £400 mark, size medium 54, anyone know of a half decent bike for that??

eyerideit
    Free Member

Decathlon’s Triban 3.

shortcut

Have a look for a secondhand bargain, fit some mud guards (if you don’t have clearance Crud do some nice ones), stick a light on the back and go out spin.

earl_brutus

Specialized allez

Junkyard
    Free Member

Decathalon one if new many choices if second hand

geetee1972
    Free Member

Edinburgh Bike Co have a 54cm Genesis Equilibrium discounted from £850 down to £650. That would be a great bike for your needs.

MarkLG
    Free Member

I’d go used for that sort of money – there’s plenty about, and you’ll get something half decent. The Specialized Allez is a good starting point. At least if when you get bored of it you’ll be able to sell it on for what you paid for it.

TiRed

If you can afford it, get the CAAD8. The best alloy frame unde about £1000. It’s a fantastic bike. If you can’t, get a Triban 3, or ask on the Wanted list for a used Giant TCR or something similar.

The Triban 3 is a very good bike, but the CAAD8 is a notch above most others.

taxi25
    Free Member

Whatever you get, if you’re going to ride it through the winter get dome mudguards fitted. Best investment ever.

discapade
    Free Member

Thanks alot fellas I will buy one of the above defo….

retro83
    Free Member

Boardman sport is £499 at the moment.

I’ve got one, it’s really good. Had a Decathlon Triban 3 before, it was the old model which was great, the new one is nowhere near as nice.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_875977_langId_-1_categoryId_165710

wobbliscott
    Free Member

My CAAD8 currently on ebay, due to end this afternoon 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sorry fellas…recommend a road bike??’ is closed to new replies.