Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Sorry! Damsel in distress … again
  • cinnamon_girl

Breaking News

Idiot c_g will be attempting to fit an element herself this morning. If I don’t report back then I’m dead.

I haven’t mentioned my bikes in my will …

wwaswas

Trick is not to let the magic smoke out of the wires. You can never get it back in again and they don’t work without it.

fasthaggis

You will be fine CG,just take your time ,and maybe some pictures if you are bothered about how it was before you attacked it.
    Let us know when you have something in the oven 🙂

Cougar

This is the point where we find out it’s a gas oven, isn’t it.

igm

If you can maintain bikes you can fit an oven element. They are normally designed to be changed easily.

Check the web for breakdown drawings – espares sometimes have them and also have how to videos.

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

CG- Good luck with the element change. Never done it but when our oven did not work MrPP came back to a new replacement. Feel your pain with hob cooking. I had to cope with a camping stove for weeks whilst we did our kitchen that is when I discovered microwave instructions on the back of new potatoes and our local sainsburys if you paid an extra £1 cooked your pizza for you! Failing that get your son or daughter to do that!

cinnamon_girl

If you can maintain bikes you can fit an oven element

hahahaha!!! I can’t. 😳

Thanks MrsP. 🙂 My eating habits have been pretty rubbish recently! My kids have no practical skills whatsoever but daughter will be helping with cooking tomorrow.

cinnamon_girl

OK I’m unable to remove small panel that element slots into. There’s two fixings and despite using screwdriver and pliers, they won’t budge.

Removing the back panel achieves nothing, there’s no way to get to them from there.

Have checked online and can’t find anything specific, it’s actually a grill element that heats oven with assistance from fan.

Now wondering whether the whole oven needs to be removed. A ponder is needed!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Sorry! Damsel in distress … again’ is closed to new replies.