Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • sorry but…………… what tyres for this years Marin Rough Ride??
  • swoosh
    Free Member

Doing the Marin Rough Ride in a couple of weeks and was wondering what type of tyre i should be choosing for the terrain they have there.

Comments on the terrain have suggested the course is mostly on grassy hills and farm tracks so presummably need something that wont be too draggy on the grass but will still grip on the loose farm track bits.

any suggestions from those who have done it before and found the ‘perfect’ tyre?

any suggestions from those who just have a good knowledge of tyres?

The-Beard

I’m doing the rough ride too and was going to rely on my trusty Nobby Nics.

Might make sure the front one’s on the right way round this time though…

tankslapper
    Free Member

Did the Roughy a couple of years back on Schwalbe Racing Ralphs – scary!!!

Depending on conditions I would guess a Racing Ralph on the back and a Nobby Nic up front (Bonty AcX or something similar perhaps)If it’s damp then Nobby Nics / ACX all round for me!

franki
    Free Member

I used Maxxis Highroller 2.1 f&r when I rode it.
    They’re really skinny but quite grippy for the size. They were pretty well ideal.
    Looking back, I would have sacrificed a bit of grip for an even faster rolling tyre.

swoosh
    Free Member

franki – that is what i’m thinking. something faster rolling than HRs.

My normal tyres are Nobby Nics but thought something faster might not be a bad idea considering the weather looks to be dry and will have been dry for a few weeks leading up to the event. Racing Ralphs are just silly money at the moment, especially with the pound against the euro.

Nick

I did it on Kenda Dred Treds last time (two years ago), very much an underated tyre, worked very well

stratobiker
    Free Member

Done the RR a few times.
    If it’s dry, and has been for some time…
    Hutchinson Pythons.
    They’re super fast.

SB

ciron
    Free Member

I am doing it this year and will probably use CrossMarks. No idea if they’ll be any good, but they’re fast rolling.

swoosh
    Free Member

crossmarks are another option for me. the dred treds do look fast and similar to RRs (low profile/round shape etc)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘sorry but…………… what tyres for this years Marin Rough Ride??’ is closed to new replies.