Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • sorry… another what tyre thread.
  • renton
    Free Member

Ive just bought a secondhand enduro and its gt some monster downhill tubeless tyres fitted which weigh just under 1.4 kilos each!!! obviously making the bike a tad heavy for everyday riding!!

i was after some recommendations on a decent tyre , around 2.35 suitable to be used as tubeless but quite light!!

i hear a lot of people use normal tyres as tubeless with rim strips etc, as ive got tubeless rims can i still use normal tyres or do i have to use tubeless tyres?? ❓

wht can people recommend for me then to stick on a 150mm travel spesh enduro.

cheers

steve

Kramer
    Free Member

I've just (yesterday!) gone tubeless on tubeless ready DT Swiss rims, with a Maxxis High Roller on the front, and an ADvantage on the back.

renton
    Free Member

are you using normal tyres or tubless versions??

whats its like then mate!!

uplink
    Free Member

Try the soft compound High Roller for the front & the ADvantage for the rear
    I personally would bother with specific tubeless tyres – just whack a bit of jizz in them

EDIT – Hey kramer, spooky

renton
    Free Member

uplink is that would or wouldnt??

and what sizes??

Kramer
    Free Member

I've not had chance to ride them properly yet.

Didn't bother with UST tyres.

renton
    Free Member

what sizes kramer??

chakaping
    Free Member

Slight hijack – There are so many varieties of High Roller, apart from the one I want (UST super tacky single-ply).

How do people find the non-UST single ply super tacky stands up to rocks when used tubeless?

uplink
    Free Member

uplink is that would or wouldnt??

sorry – wouldn't

devs
    Free Member

And in 3 months time we'll have another bunch of tubeless naysayers who tell you it's a crap system that burps and doesn't hold air. Either proper UST on UST or Ghetto with normal tyres and rims. Anything else is asking for trouble.
    In answer to the OP's question I use LUST 60a Highrollers and can't fault them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘sorry… another what tyre thread.’ is closed to new replies.