Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • sorry another what trail condition in Coed-Y-Brenin? ..or LLandegla?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

planning to go tomorrow , i am 2 hours+ away (1 way).. if anyone just rode there very recently that can tell me ..very much appreciated. cheers.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m pretty certain Llandegla and most of the trail centres in North Wales are snowbound

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

Llandegla was accessible by car by the weekend, but the trails were well & truly buried. No chance of riding there yet.

mrhoppy

Coed y Brenin is clear and dry. Came back with dust on my bike.

rascal
    Free Member

CyB is perfect as mrhoppy said – no need to wash bike after! – was there Fri and Sat 🙂

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

XC Ski conditions are excellent….

bigmick25
    Free Member

CYB is perfect at the moment,some of the best riding I’ve ever had there yesterday. Dry dusty trails 🙂

wolfenstein
    Free Member

😯 very nice trail condition..

CYB it is, thanks all . very happy here 😀

mindmap3
    Free Member

Looks like my riding will be moved further afield this weekend! Weather forecast looks good for most of the week there too.

Cannock is closest to me and remains closed, Llandegla was my back up for the weekend but that remains closed too. Good news is that its forcing me to try somewhere new!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

how is cannock (dog+monkey) compared to CYB ..difficulty, grin factor wise?

adi66
    Free Member

I would class all of Cannock as ” easy to medium red” (‘cos the descents are no where near as big!) but it’s still a blast just hit the up and downs hard and you’ll love it. Once you know the place it’s a hoot 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

I can’t compare it to CYB because I’ve never been there, but at the risk of getting flamed on here I enjoy Cannock. It’s my nearest trail centre being half an hour up the road, so I ride there a lot.

As adi said, it’s not the most challenging of places to ride because the elevation is limited however, the volunteers who have bui,t it have generally used the terrain to good effect. The last two descents on the Monkey are great run, as is the bit of the Dog, the other side of Birches Valley.

Since the Monkey opened, it’s definitely a lot busier than it was, probably because its a bit more of a worthwhile drive being longer. I’ve found that later in the day it gets a lot quiter, especially on the Monkey.

I’m making it my mission to ride more places this year, although it’ll all be solo because I’ve lost touch with all of my old riding buddies so it’ll take a bit more effort.

bigmick25
    Free Member

CYB is in my opinion one of the best trail centres in the UK and again in my opinion 100% better than cannock.
    There is a lot of up and a lot of down oh and some rocks 🙄

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Don’t forget about Gisburn, although there is snow around the trails are clear of it.

Some nice new sections added as well.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘sorry another what trail condition in Coed-Y-Brenin? ..or LLandegla?’ is closed to new replies.