• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • (sorry, another) what laptop thread?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

have had pc/windows start-up/freeze issues all over xmas, and still on-going, so have decided to buy a laptop as a backup and for general web surfing duties.

would love to buy a macbook as i’m fed up with constantly trying to sort my pc out but my budget is 300-400quid.

spent a few days looking at ebuyer, pc world etc and getting more and more confused.

can anyone recommend a good deal or advise me on what spec to go for (what processor, reliable brands etc).

thanks

ffarg
    Free Member

slightly more than your budget… Ebay – macbookbut worth looking on ebay. I got my first ibook from ebay and i’m sat here on my ibook which is same spec as the one above 12 months old.

if it’s just as a back-up for browsing get yourself a netbook – pc world or currys netbook

Si
    Free Member

Toshiba A300D for £400 down from £500 and have been extremely pleased with it. Solid, reliable and seemingly well recommended

Hairychested
    Free Member

We got an IBM Lenovo 3000 N200 from The Laptop Shop (they offer some upgrade options, we got more RAM and a bigger HDD). Well recommended!

DrP

I’m sat here surfing/working/4ODing on my new little samsung nc10.
    It’s about £300, and it’s more than capable of handling anything I’d want to throw at it (it wouldn’t manage video editing/hardcore games).

I love it, and with it’s 10 inch screen it’s perfect for actuallap duties, and works well on a desk etc.

The battery is easily 7 hrs, and it’s wifi/bluetooth as standard.

I was going to hunt for the most uber powerful 15 inch lappy, but in reality this does all i need very well, in a tiny package!

DrP

geoffj

DrP – you running XP or OS X on it?

DrP

xp.

DrXP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘(sorry, another) what laptop thread?’ is closed to new replies.