Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sorry, another dropper post, post.
  • porlus
    Free Member

So, decided to enter the world of dropper posts. Dont want to spend a huge amount of cash, maybe £100 ish.
    Been looking here, and on the net for a few weeks. Heard good things about the Tmars post (£85 from UK seller on ebay)
    Was about to cough up the dosh for one, then decided to look on the superstar website to see whats left after the KS mega sale that was on a few weeks ago.
    Can get a KS supernatural to fit my frame. £100, with a 5″ drop. But seat lever only.
    Kinda leaning towards the tmars one. Mainly due to easy maintenance (or so research tells me)

But a £100 drop in price for the KS one is tempting. Its only £15 more. Really dont know which one to go for. ARRRGGGGHHHHHHH 🙄

ska-49
    Free Member

Have you considered the xfusion hilo?
    I picked one up brand new with remote for £96.
    This is my second and the last one was fantastic too. Only sold because it was the wrong size for my new frame. It was lovely to use and survived without issue throughout winter. Easy to service and good customer service. What’s not to like?

porlus
    Free Member

Actually I had considered that. Almost bought one when wiggle were dishing them out at £130. Didnt have the money at the time. But just clawed some money back into my account to cover the costs of the Tmars.
    Just read a load of supernatural reviews on MBR. Not totally glowing lol.

porlus
    Free Member

Just seen this one on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-X-Fusion-Hilo-30-9-Dropper-Post-MTB-Seatpost-125mm-Handlebar-Remote-NEW-/121092029594?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c31a5bc9a

New one with 125mm drop. Could potentially be a bargain. Unless I got hit with customs charges.

snowjunkie
    Free Member

Has anyone used the TMARS on a 16″ Frame? I am thinking about using one on an On-One 456. I have the post 220mm above the top of the seat tube t the middle of the clamp. It looks like the 420mm Length will just about fit but seems a bit long but then it is a bargain.

Is it worth taking a punt on it??

porlus
    Free Member

Thats actually what I want mine for. The 16″ carbon 456.

snowjunkie
    Free Member

I am running a 2011 steel one. had the TMARS recommended as it is a direct copy of other posts. Think I am happy to spend £70 to see if it works. Can always resell it on here for a slight loss if it doesnt work out. I am convincing myself at the mo!!!

porlus
    Free Member

And me lol. Bike is currently sans seatpost as I was previously running a carbon one thats gone back on my road bike.

snowjunkie
    Free Member

just ordered one. we shall see if it fits. should arrive weds!!!

porlus
    Free Member

Cool. Let me know how it works out re sizing.

snowjunkie
    Free Member

picked up the post today. it fits fine. although the min length from top of seat post to middle of clamp is around 225mm which is exactly what I needed. Defo make sure that this is how much you can use as you cannot go any lower.

Now need to suss out how to use it properly. have to play with the cable tension etc but all good so far. proper test drive at the weekend.

porlus
    Free Member

Looking good so far then.
    Out of interest, so I can gauge if this will also work for me. What size are you on the 16″ 456. Im 5’8″ with roughly 31″ inside leg.

Cheers

snowjunkie
    Free Member

Hi. I am on the 2011 456 16″
    I am 5’7″ with a short trouser leg size so probably 28-30″
    By the sounds of it you will be fine.

I had the cable snap from just going up and down the street but i didnt really know what i was doing and yanking it pretty hard. went to the LBS and got a cable for £2.60 which is bit thicker and it seems to be doing the job a lot better.

Have a slight problem with getting it to stay in the lowest drop position at the mo but this may be to do with cable tension or even seat post tension apparently.

all in all it seems fine but does take a bit of getting used to using it as you have weight and unweight the saddle when using it. but worth the money to have a little experiment in my opinion.

not used it in anger on trails as yet so we shall see if it holds up to the trail abuse and i get used to how it works!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sorry, another dropper post, post.’ is closed to new replies.