Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • sore knee
  • thegman67

looking for help i have a sore knee across the right kneecap it not sore to touch and i have not had an off but when i stand up or move about after being stationary for a while the pain in the knee is very sore but dissappears after a few steps but when i’m running or cycling their is no pain

Davesport

Snap. I’ve done a quick post on here already asking for advice. I’m not doing any running for fear of agravating things. I’ve had the same symptoms a couple of months after major flare up just before Crimbo. What’s helped me. I’ve done no running, I’ve lessened the intensity of my cycling, used a neoprene knee brace & elevation whilst resting, taken anti inflamatories & started another course of Glucosamine.

The visit to the GP was inconclusive. Advice was Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. RICE

Good luck. D.

thegman67

Thanks Dave I find the Docters are a waste of time for these problems will try your remedy

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Just be carefull. I had similar symptoms for months. Rested it for long periods, played football through the pain etc etc. I went for a physio (Sport specific) appointment and a GP referral and was informed patella tendonitus (Push the 1″ thick tendon lower down from your knee cap and see if it hurts). I was also informed that i would need to be in a car crash to get close to damaging this tendon as it is so strong. It easily takes the equivelant of 18 times your body weight in leverage as a tendon. It just doesnt snap as regular as say a ACL

Well i am currently recovering from a complete rupture of patella tendon in my right knee and it went with an audiable bang! I will never play football again and have a long road to recovery in front of me (Google patella tendon rupture in google images 🙂

The reason i mention this is i did a bit of googling when i was laid in hospital. I found some rather amazing websites reporting symptoms etc and one of the things that struck was that mine followed it to the letter.

1) Strong pain to knee during sport and swelling after sport
    2) Stop getting the swelling but still pain when doing sport and after
    3) Stop getting the pain during sport but painfull after
    4) Put up with the pain and get on with your chosen sport
    BANG!!!

This happened gradually over 12mths and coincided with me stopping the extra knee exercises i was doing off my own back.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘sore knee’ is closed to new replies.