Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sore
  • Kunstler

I'm not sure entirely how it happened – same cycling shorts (clean), baggies, saddle and even washing powder as many times before but I have a sore @rse after yesterday's saunter in the Pentlands (not a euphemism, stop sniggering now). Actually I think it's where the insert is stitched at the edges that seems to have caused abrasion and left two sore, red marks but the important thing is that I have a big day planned around Loch Eck tomorrow and would like it to be without discomfort. I'll be wearing other (non aldi shorts this time) but may need something to aid comfort. Chamois cream (whatever that may be)maybe? What to get and where from?

jackal
    Free Member

aloe vera vaseline?

But im not an expert on these matters 😯

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you have chaffing some nappy cream might be the thing – go to your local pharmacy and ask? something like sudocreme perhaps

doug_basqueMTB.com

I am an expert in these matters! Long weeks in the saddle in the sweaty heat can leave one quite crippled. 😯

There are 2 types of nappy rash cream. One is available here that's just for light abrasion and that's good as a preventative measure. The other is for weeping sores and I find it great 'quick fix' after you're already sore.

Go to the pharmacist and get the strongest nappy rash cream you can and apply it a few times a day. Then definitely put a load on your shorts before you go for your next ride.

Happy healing!

Kunstler

Thanks guys. I'm off out in a minute so I'll pop into Boots. It's less intense this morning so that gives me some optimism for tomorrow. I'll be accompanied by Miss K so the pace will be 'relaxed', meaning about six hours in the saddle. At least.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sore’ is closed to new replies.