Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Sooo hungary!!! Post commute morning snack.
  • TheBrick
    Free Member

I’ve started commuting by bike again and I am starving in the morning, to the point that by 10:30 I can barely work but for thinking of lunch. Suggestions fora food I can keep at work to snack on. I usually keep a pack of biscuits but in my current state they would last a day.

Healthy ish.
    Savory.
    Non messy non smelly.
    Easy to store.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

joshvegas
    Free Member

Just make more lunch?

dudeofdoom

I reach for a cnp pro flapjack an a coffee………just love them 🙂

headfirst
    Free Member

Maybe move to Hungary, if that shortens your commute

TheBrick
    Free Member

More lunch is not the answer. Need something I can just have a stash of.

back2basics
    Free Member

those cheesy oatcakes that when you open the box are in separate packs of 6
    or
    flapjack
    or
    back of mixed nuts and fruit
    or my all time fave
    porride oats in a cup in a microwave with milk topped with a squidge of honey up to a point where they are partially cooked and runny so you can drink them at your desk – because we were not allowed to “eat” at our desk.

robowns
    Free Member

Haha CFH, I considered doing that and then thought no, i’ll wait and see how long it takes.

Evidently, not long.

TheBrick
    Free Member

We have the no eating at desk rule, which I tend to ignore if its not loud crunch, not smelly e.t.c. Drinkable porridge sounds like an idea.

dudeofdoom

Oww about knocking up some protein pancakes night before…I put peanut butter on mine an roll up up an eat as a snack during day..l

Munchies with a packet of biscuits is a the Devils work tbh.,,

TheBrick
    Free Member

I read this as:

Oww about knocking out some protein pancakes night before

thought to myself not a euphemism I’ve heard before but either way I can’t see how that would help the situation.

Too much prep. Only just sat down when I wrote this post. Don’t fancy another 10 min of fiddling / tidying up.

stox
    Free Member

Overnight oats. My wife’s started making them and I take them to work.
    Simple, Remarkably nice AND filling!

You must make them the night before to let them soak.

17g of oats in a Tupperware/container
    Topped with 100g of yoghurt
    A further 18g of oats
    100g yoghurt
    Top it with fruit, frozen berries of choice.
    Leave in the fridge overnight.

Lovely!

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Malt loaf – with cheese if you want it to be savoury

wiggles
    Free Member

17g of oats in a Tupperware/container
    Topped with 100g of yoghurt
    A further 18g of oats
    100g yoghurt
    Top it with fruit, frozen berries of choice.
    Leave in the fridge overnight.

Lovely!

Is it vital to have 1g more of oats on the top layer than the bottom?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have you considered goulash? Kabanos or mangalica, perhaps?

stox
    Free Member

Is it vital to have 1g more of oats on the top layer than the bottom?

It’s a slimming world recipe and you are allowed 35g of oats …
    Make each layer 17.5g if it helps with the OCD 🙂

scotroutes

Turkey?
    Swede?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Good old malt with cheese. Could probably get away with quickly sneaking into the kitchen for some of that!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good old malt with cheese.

Trappista or Urd??

jimoiseau
    Free Member

You can get great quesadillas here, although according to the website they’re currently offering a “Pig Slaughter Menu” too.

beefheart
    Free Member

andyl
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/Cxmu1mxK5so[/video]

joshvegas
    Free Member

I meant more lunch so you can start it early.

I don’t think there is anything snacky to keep in a draw I would destroy in the first sitting.

Gary_M
    Free Member

More lunch is not the answer. Need something I can just have a stash of.

More breakfast then?

Out of interest how far do you ride that makes you so hungry guy can barely function? I have breakfast around 6:30 and lunch around 12 and I get by.

TiRed

Keep some boxes of Belvita in a cupboard. Eat more before leaving.

scunny
    Free Member

Protein shake? Casien rather than 100% whey.

theotherjonv

Are you also trying, like 95% of folks on here, to lose weight?

If no – then have biscuits, what’s the issue. Biscuits are always worth having.

If yes – then do something more interesting for as long as it takes to get the hunger to pass. No-one ever felt hungry during a sky dive, not saying you can make work that exciting, but you get the point.

Or have a cup of hot water (maybe put some stock cube in) – it triggers the ‘full’ receptors, albeit temporarily, but enough to get you to lunch.

And 3. A substantial proportion of the world feels like that every day, with no end in sight. You’ve got 90 mins till lunch. Quit your jibberjabber and suck it up.

continuity
    Free Member

Can I be the first person in STW fashion to chide the OP and not answer his question?

Eat more/a better breakfast.

toby1

I used to struggle with this really badly too. Have managed to make an improvement by not eating till getting to work. Then having porridge with peanut butter in which keeps me going a bit longer in the morning. I’d still take anyone out if they wanted me to stop eating at my desk 🙂

dudeofdoom

Are you also trying, like 95% of folks on here, to lose weight?

If no – then have biscuits, what’s the issue. Biscuits are always worth having.

Yeah that thats the thing -easy trap to fall in that by cycling for n miles you have earned x Krispy Kremes – turn to cycling to get fit but end fat 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

How long is your commute?

I ride 12 miles in to work on a coffee and banana, then have a bowl of cereal when I arrive at 8-ish. Few nuts and raisins about 10-ish, gets me through to lunch.

Also make sure you drink enough water. Your body can’t always tell the difference between thirst and hunger.

And what/when are you eating at night?

g5604
    Free Member

flapjack, ideally home made.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have switched from breakfast before I ride to work to breakfast in the office when I’ve ridden in. My ride in is about 19 miles and I find that first thing in the morning provided I’m not going at it like a time trial the ride to work is fine.

Toast and peanut butter upon arrival, then I can eat my lunch later. I find I end up absolutely hanging on the way home if I eat lunch too early.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Oats.

However you enjoy them.

NB – may cause terrible farts.

porlus
    Free Member

Celery spread with peanut butter would be a good one. Peanut butter in your draw, celery in the fridge (if you have one). Quite partial to this at the moment 😀

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Sooo hungary!!! Post commute morning snack.’ is closed to new replies.