Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Soo, i have fubar'ed my revelations.
  • mactheknife

And i cant work out how.

I bought an old set of dual position 150mm revs second hand. They came with lock out which i hated so following a bit of online googling i removed the damper, unhooked the wee spring that holds the damper closed and voila, i thought i had a set of revs i could manually change from locked out to open with the old top cap.

Now, they seem to either be fully locked out or as near as. They just seem to ramp up and compress after about 40mm.

Online i found the manual that states they need 134mm of 5wt fluid in the damper side. Yep, that doesnt work.

Apart from buying a proper damper i am not sure what to do next.

Ideas. Oh and yep i knew i was fiddling and it could all go wrong 8O. And it has.

weeksy

Send them to loco/whoever along with an apology letter 😉

tillydog
    Free Member

i found the manual that states they need 134mm of 5wt fluid in the damper side

Check the oil level.

If you have just tipped the oil out and added 134ml you’ll have too much oil in there (some is retained in the rebound damper).

With the forks vertical and fully extended, measure from the top of the hole that the compression damper screws into down to the oil surface. (Should be 82-88mm here )

teethgrinder

Not being funny but you’ve put all that oil in the damper and not the lower leg, right?

Also, turn the compression to minimum, whip the damper out and see where the half moon is on the bottom. There should be a gap. No gap when closed. You can move the half moon with pliers to get it right.

mactheknife

Check the oil level.

If you have just tipped the oil out and added 134ml you’ll have too much oil in there (some is retained in the rebound damper).

With the forks vertical and fully extended, measure from the top of the hole that the compression damper screws into down to the oil surface. (Should be 82-88mm here )

See thats why i come on here 8)

teethgrinder – Member
    Not being funny but you’ve put all that oil in the damper and not the lower leg, right?

Yep, i didn’t remove the lowers at all. Ill check the half moon tomorrow. Cheers

jairaj

+1 to both suggestions above.

You should be able to see if the knob is still affecting the port as you should see the half moon port opening open and close as you turn the knob.

mactheknife

AWESOME. Thanks all 🙂

nickdavies

It’ll be the port as mentioned above. You’ve got to set it up correctly when you change the lever for a non remote do it opens and closes fully. Have done exactly the same myself.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Soo, i have fubar'ed my revelations.’ is closed to new replies.