• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by P20.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sony PS3 as Media Centre?
  • P20

Thinking of getting a ps3. Can you use it as a media centre for photos and music that are stored on the house PC?

simon_g

Yep, works great for that stuff. Pretty straightforward to set up, either using the Windows Media sharing stuff, or a third-party software like Twonky.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

Yes, it works great. I have NullRiver MediaLink on my Mac and share movies from an external disk drive, photos from Aperture and music from iTunes.

jon1973
    Free Member

Yep. Works really well. I stream video over the wifi network and use TVersity.

molgrips
    Free Member

Works, but is a little iffy for some stuff. Quite slow for me, and a lot of downloaded iplayer vids won't play as it compalins about the codec. Also TunerfreeMCE won't work on it. And when you play MP3s there's a fairly big pause between tracks.

GrandWazooo
    Free Member

Why bother downloading iPlayer for the PS3 when it has a built in iPlayer player?

– in a related note, have you seen this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/sony/7344758/Sony-PS3-network-glitch-affects-thousands.html

P20

Cool. I'm using a linksys media box at the moment so it would replace that. The linksys isn't the quickest, but it works. Th iplayer is a big attraction as the linksys can only play the downloaded files rather than stream

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sony PS3 as Media Centre?’ is closed to new replies.