Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Sony MP3 Walkman NWZ639??? daft name but is it any good?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Sick of crappy I-tunes and so I'm looking for a drag and drop type MP3 player

Any one got a Sony NWZ S639 MP3 (16Gb) player or comments about it other than the stupid name?

househusband

I've got the NWZ-S638 and I'm happy with it. Bought it for pretty much the same reason you're looking at one – drag & drop. Comes with some very good in-ear earphones. I'm not a serious user, but it suits me. (Only thing I'd wish for is compatibility with Audible audiobooks.)

nedrapier

I've got an older sony NWZA model and I bought it because it had better sound, better battery life, better headphones and more user friendly software (drag and drop) than the equivalent ipod. And it was cheaper.

No regrets, no complaints. I'd buy another. Actually, I'd get the one you're on about, cos it's compatible with BBC iplayer, and I might if I see a good offer.

some people prefer ipod as they do gapless playback. sony and loads of others have a 1/4 second gap between tracks. not a problem if you listen to albums which have distinct tracks and gaps anyway, but if you listen to electronic music, mix albums, it's a bit a pain in the arse.

Some people (audiophiles) prefer cowon, iriver players as they support more formats of digital files (FLAC etc) which apparently are better.

For me, these aren't enough of an issue to outweigh the positives.

TheGingerOne

I got one a couple of months back from Amazon. It is slightly cheaper now than when I got it. It is the first mp3 player I have had so cannot compare it to others, but I did not want iTunes and wanted drag and drop etc. It was also a lot cheaper than a comparable iPod.
    There are some 200 odd reviews on Amazon all pretty much positive, many of whom were people who had iPods before. Having read their reviews I thought it was a no brainer and have not been disappointed.
    The only slight issue is that most of the aftermarket mp3 accessories seem only really designed for iPods. Though I have just found and ordered a Sony speaker for about £50 for it for home use.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sony MP3 Walkman NWZ639??? daft name but is it any good?’ is closed to new replies.