Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sonos question
  • RV
    Free Member

I have recently moved into a new house which the guy had a sonos system running in and convinced me it was the way forward. So I bought 2 x zp120’s as he had speakers in the ceiling in two of the rooms. I also bought a NAS to load the music on to. Now he was a data cabling guy and ran Cat 5 through the house which I have managed to get to grips with. The only problem I have is the only phone line into the house is acually into the office in the garden which is about 7 foot away from the main house. this is where the internet comes in via sky. Now I have a wifi set up in the office that reaches the house with no problem. the problem is that the sonos zp120 need to be connected to the wifi to use the iphone as a controller. As I don’t want a ZP120 in the office I have paired the phone with both ZP120’s in the office and then replaced them in the house which was fine till sonos tried to check for an update. I was using a seperate wifi in the house not connected to the net for the sonos and plugged an ipod in and all was ok for the time being.
    The question is if I buy a bridge for about £30, I assume that I can plug the net into it in the office and then connect the other ZP120’s to it. I then assume that I can connect the NAS to the bridge and access the whole system. Sorry if this is confusing but I’m starting to confuse myself and thought this would be a cheaper way of doing it rather than spending a fortune getting a telephone engineer in to sort out the problem.

warton
    Free Member

If you buy a bridge that plugs into your router, so your ZP’s can go in the house, and will connect wirelessy to the bridge.

Your NAS also connects to the router, not the bridge, but as its network storage the sonos bridge will pick it up no problem, and you’ll be able to stream from the NAS.

RV
    Free Member

So it goes:

– nas
    net – router
    – bridge – zp120 – zp120

is that correct?

warton
    Free Member

more like

router
    / \
    NAS Bridge
    / \
    ZP120 ZP120

EDIT: all my white space has gone!

RV
    Free Member

thanks, think i got it. mine too.

………….router…………….
    …………./….\…………….
    ………..NAS….Bridge………..
    ……………….\……………
    ……………….ZP120’s………

warton
    Free Member

Yeah 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sonos question’ is closed to new replies.