Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sonic Toothbrushes?
  • lightman
    Free Member

Does anyone have one?
    Im think about getting one, but will there be really that much difference from the electric toothbrush that i already have?

footflaps

Philips Sonicare are great – been using one for the last 6 years (well two – they last about 3 years before batteries die). Teeth never felt so clean.

spacemonkey

+ Philips Sonicare.

Had their top of the range one (RRP £200 but you can nearly always pick up for nearly half that somewhere) for 18 months. The first time you use it makes you realise just how clean your teeth really can be. Feels like they’ve been polished etc.

stumpy01

Got a Braun (or is it Oral-B?) sonic toothbrush and it works great.

Definitely better than the ‘normal’ electric brush it replaced.

simonm
    Free Member

consulted our dentist on this one.. she said sonic no better performance compared to “normal” leccy ones.

AlexSimon

I prefer the action of the philips ones to the Oral B (rotary) ones.
    But I have no idea whether the ‘sonic’ side of things makes any difference.
    I also prefer a nice hard scrub with a normal toothbrush quite often.

Mainly use electric ones for doing the children’s teeth. Much easier doing other people’s teeth with electric.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve had one for years – highly recommended by my dentist (who happens to be a very close childhood friend since primary school days – so he wouldn’t lie to me 🙂 )

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

on amazon the Oral B ones get slightly better reviews than the phillips.

stumpy01

I prefer the action of the philips ones to the Oral B (rotary) ones.

Not all Oral-B ones are rotary. We’ve got this one:

and it’s definitely ‘sonic’.

meeeee
    Free Member

try a sonicare, they have a 28day ‘try it’ guarantee so if you dont like it or dont think its any better than your normal brush you can get your money back.

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/about_sonicare/140699/cat/

I’m a dentist, and if i didnt have one (admittedly it was a free one!) i’d buy a sonicare :mrgreen:

edit – its actually 90 day money back gurantee now that you’ll like it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Lab test at our house! Mrs w had an oral b sonicare for about 6 yrs it broke a yr ago, now gone to oral b rotary £130 ish worth, and she reckons it’s rubbish! And regards the dentist comment, she’s had perfect teeth, no fillings etc but at the 6 month check up after the change of brush dentist asked if she’d changed her dental routine??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sonic Toothbrushes?’ is closed to new replies.