• This topic has 48 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by beej.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Songs that have "studio chatter " bits?
  • maccruiskeen

Early Art of Noise tracks have barely audible studio chat that you’re only really aware of listening on earphones, you can’t make out conversation as such but it makes you keep taking the earphones off because the voices don’t seem to be in the same space as the music and you think someone in the room is trying to get your attention. As a youngster still living at home this was doubly the case because Anne Dudley sounds quite a lot like my mum.

I was listening in bed one night remarking to myself just how much the faint voices under the track sound like my mum when the lights came on – and it turned out the noises that sounded so much like her on this occasion because she’d had to come and point out to me that my earphones weren’t plugged into the hifi.

john_drummer
    Free Member

“Nibbled to death by an okapi”

The Damned, Machine Gun Etiquette. Could be Smash It Up but I could be wrong

Siouxsie & The Banshees, A Kiss In The Dreamhouse, at the end of one song, Fireworks I think, Someone (Budgie?) says in a broad Lancashire accent “did you get that?”

sbob
    Free Member

Somewhere on an Amy Winehouse album she says “I’m sorry Charlie Murphy, I was having too much fun.”.

Taken from Charlie Murphy’s true Hollywood stories on Rick James, from the exceptionally funny Chappelle’s Show.

Watch it on Amazon.

Enjoy yourselves, bitches! 😀

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Not so much ‘studio chatter’ as ‘Fife tearoom chatter’, but there’s a lot of chatter at the start of First Watch – King Creosote and Jon Hopkins.

boxelder

Pixies- “you ****ing die…..”

First listen of that for me was on a walkman and it started as I walked into a building at Uni. I stopped and swivelled around expecting to be a attacked.

Wedding Present – Something ornothing on ‘George Best’ – Gedge having a rant at a techy who asked if it “sounded alright”

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATz3dbi6zhM[/video]

flaps
    Free Member

@pook
    I’ve seen it quoted a lot on the net as saying it’s McCartney!?!

mildbore

Still raining still dreaming from electric ladyland, hendrix

sobriety
    Free Member

Fleetwood Mac – The Chain. Someone (I think it was Lindsey Buckingham) whispers f*ck at the start.

Machinehead – The blood, the sweat, the tears – ‘I hope that was it, coz I’m gonna pass out’ at the end.

beej

The Bad News album is mainly chatter with the odd song thrown in.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Songs that have "studio chatter " bits?’ is closed to new replies.