Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • so….new pikes
  • jamj1974

Northwind – Member
    I’m still not blown away by mine, adding the tokens made them work decently (they should be fitted as standard imo) but still not awesomely.

Should have gone for Devilles… 😉

Mine blow me away!

deanfbm
    Free Member

Essentially the pressure down stream of the rebound piston draws a vacuum and the rod seal can bend backwards and suck in a bit of air on each stroke. This is an another reason to add a charging sleeve around the bladder to maintain this positive pressure.

same applies to the fox fit cartridge too then.

ps, the charger tube will be maintaining a positive pressure, adding pressure around the charger tube will increase pressure, reducing sensitivity, no? hence retuning required to accommodate this.

i really cannot complain about the performance of my pikes, there is no situation where im left feeling i need more, really supple, even though im at 110psi, which is a lot more than people on here, hoover up fast rough.

i just get the impression that the same people that dont like them wont get on with anything else, ie wants to feel they’re moving when they hit an ant, by feel, really feel that they’re moving, whilst also removing all sensation off any possible bump, suspension doesnt do that and it wouldnt be of benefit if it did.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Fox have a better rod seal at the seal head. I don’t really see how adding a pressurised nitrogen sleeve to a damper with a already poor seal at the bottom of it will prevent air entering. It would make it worse IMHO, you would need to start by designing a new seal head with better sealing.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Kayak – finally managed to remember to try it last night, turned rebound to full fast, no klunk.

bigjim

I love my pikes, they’re how I always imagined everyone else’s forks must feel. I’m still dead slow though.

deviant
    Free Member

The top out clunk thing isnt isolated to Pikes, i have a set of Revelations that do the same thing when you lift the front wheel off the ground….the last half centimetre or so extends quickly and with a little ‘clunk’ at the end/top out.

My coil spring Sektors dont do it…maybe its an air fork thing?

It doesnt affect the ride, i have just under 20% sag and all other settings/dials etc at their midpoint, great fork and if i ride hard i can get them to within the last 10mm of travel, perfect for me.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Fox have a better rod seal at the seal head. I don’t really see how adding a pressurised nitrogen sleeve to a damper with a already poor seal at the bottom of it will prevent air entering. It would make it worse IMHO, you would need to start by designing a new seal head with better sealing.

Maybe fire off an email to Craig then as he knows his stuff around suspension more than most.

hence retuning required to accommodate this.

I don’t think he retunes specifically for this, Craig says that all you need to do is drop the PSI a little.

kayak23

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Kayak – finally managed to remember to try it last night, turned rebound to full fast, no klunk.

Thanks, and also, damn… 😕

Northwind

deanfbm – Member

i just get the impression that the same people that dont like them wont get on with anything else

Love my Lyriks tbh. Keep wondering if I could put the coil in my Pikes and have a 2kg-ish belter.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘so….new pikes’ is closed to new replies.