Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Son of Hibachi bar b. Anyone got one?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Well over priced I'm sure but looks a sweet bit of kit! Any reviews/users on here?The one that folds together by the way.

cranberry
    Free Member

Yep – and very good it is too for a couple of people. It heats up very quickly indeed and gets you cooking in no time.

One thing that I have found out though is that you must fill both sides with charcoal even if you only need half the cooking surface.

ruddy
    Free Member

Have had one for just over a year and it is the most I have bbq'd because it is so good.

Really easy to use, heats up quick due to chimney effect and self cleans (most important for me).

Large grill surfaces and handy for camping also. Whats not to like (other than price)?

Hefty bit of kit so should last a while. If you have any specific questions shout away.

wrightyson
    Free Member

It was mainly for camping use really. Doesn't look too big and with the bag (is that an extra) looks to pack away pretty cleanly for when you drop it back in the car. Can't find one for less than 80 nicker tho and that's the only stumbling block. Is it worth that much? Looks like it is to be fair!

ruddy
    Free Member

The bag comes with bbq and does pack away cleanly.

Got mine from Go-outdoors (instore) for about £70 – may have gone up with exchange rates. I think it is worth it however, use at home as well.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I have one, its ace, but cooking for any more than 4 hugry people is difficult. For 2 you can eat yourself into a coma.

Heats up v quick, v easy to keep clean, the bag makes it super easy to transport about.

Downsides are that its impossible to avoid getting ash all over the grills during a chimney start up, I use baby wipes to get the worst off. Some of the HUGE briquettes will not fit under the grills during start up, lack of an integral handle for the grills means adding more fuel or adjusting height from coals is a chore.

Overall though, as a compact, quick and v convenient bit of nifty design, I'm v impressed.

ruddy
    Free Member

anotherdeadhero – you do realise that the fastner handle is used to raise and lower the grills – use the tab on the top on the end of the grill (slide on an offable).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Son of Hibachi bar b. Anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.