Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Somewhere to eat near Manchester Velodrome
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

We are off to the revolution series next Saturday and could do with somewhere nearby to eat. I’m have a cast on my leg and am on crutches at the moment so don’t really want to be travelling far and can only get shorts on so can’t go anywhere posh.

I don’t know that part of Manchester so would appreciate the advice.

Thanks.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

McDonalds just at the car park entrance

Garry_Lager

It’s on the metrolink so only a few stops into the city centre – even on crutches that wouldn’t be so bad? The velodrome area of Manchester is a project, to put it mildly, so there’s not a lot of options there AFAIK.

jameso

The cafe there is pretty good.

Bregante

Mary D’s just opposite the stadium?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I saw McDonald’s on Google earth but didn’t actually think that was the best option. We will be a bit pushed for time so I don’t think traveling into the centre will be an option. I think the hotel will be out best bet. Although Mary D’s looks pretty special.

Bregante

😀
    If Mary D’s isn’t your thing, another option would be to get over to Manchester Fort (only 5 mins by car). There’s a Nandos and a Pizza Hut over there.

crazy-legs

Ignore all the above. The place you need to go to is Bruno’s, a little Italian cafe on the junction of Bank St and Ashton New Road. Over the canal bridge from the velodrome, cross the tram tracks, turn left and its on your right. Looks a bit of a dive from the outside but then so does all of Ashton so no big deal.

Its fantastic. Cheap, top notch food, good service. Have a look at the reviews they get, its won awards.
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187069-d3983194-Reviews-Le_Delicatezze_Di_Bruno-Manchester_Greater_Manchester_England.html

And Manchester Evening News reckons it’s the best restaurant in town. 🙂 http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/le-delicatezze-di-bruno-clayton-6564602

+1 Bruno’s, for the money it cant be beaten.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Somewhere to eat near Manchester Velodrome’ is closed to new replies.