Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Somewhere near Croydon
  • stonster
    Free Member

Heading down to inlaws next weekend, near Croydon. I’d like to get out on my bike. Can anyone give me any thoughts were to go for some singletrack type stuff?

Thanks!

qwerty
    Free Member

Try the tramlines.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Reigate Hill over to Box Hill then on to Leith Hill.

Are you wanting to ride to the muddy stuff or ride there?

daver27
    Free Member

Not much to be honest. North downs way is close but hardly singletrack. Tilgate isn’t too far away if you drive, as is peaslake and all its fantastic riding. Tilgate will be a bog after all todays rain though

jambalaya
    Free Member

“near Croydon” ? Centre point of Surrey Hills is an hour from Croyden, more from the North side less from the South.

rewski
    Free Member

Lots of bridlepaths you can link up to the north downs way, Riddlesdown – woldingham – marden park – north downs way – caterham – merstham – reigate – betchworth – box hill. Leith hill is definitely worth a look. I’m on riddlesdown, might be around next weekend if you want a ride?

Weasel
    Free Member

Not much but a few tracks round the Shirley Hills, the rollercoaster trail is good fun – although I’ve only ever ridden it at night!

ggibbsy
    Free Member

Get the train out to Penshurst and ride porc.

rewski
    Free Member

Porc is more dh and 4x, quite small but good fun.

alexpalacefan

Some really nice trails around Addington Hills, just off A212. Not much but well worth a few hours.

APF

lucien

Plenty of steep, mucky bridleways around Croydon, worth exploring. I’ve had many a good ride to the M25 and back, off road, from pretty much the centre of Croydon when I’ve been lucky enough to stay there for work.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Aim for Farleigh and Woldingham.

If you’re going from central Croydon go via Shirley/Addington Hills, do a right about a mile and a half down Featherbed Lane that should take you up onto the North Downs in the direction of Woldingham. You’ll find single track around there.

Have a look at this link to get a feel of what’s about.

http://www.jbutler.org.uk/London/Croydon/Loop3.shtml

muddyground
    Free Member

Muddy Ground

Try Sutton on the A217 near the prison at Banstead; think it’s called Area 41 now but you can spend an hour or two there quite easily. You’ll find it to the left of the traffic island heading out of Sutton on the A217 and just prior to the dual carriageway. Caterham has Gravelly Hill which is OK – nice loop over the Downs to Merstham then Route 21 back; better than it sounds with some stunning views of London on a good day. Or Epsom isn’t too bad either – you can pick up a trail called Stane Street from the race course to Box Hill and add a spin around Headley Heath. Or Banstead Heath – with its killer singletrack near the golf course. Best ask a local where that is though…..

foofighter
    Free Member

Or Epsom isn’t too bad either – you can pick up a trail called Stane Street from the race course to Box Hill and add a spin around Headley Heath. Or Banstead Heath – with its killer singletrack near the golf course. Best ask a local where that is though…..

Check out Diary of a Mountain Biker – dont know where we are riding on Sunday but keep an eye on the Ride Diary in the Forum. We usually meet in either Ashtead (not far from Epsom) or the Peaslake area as recommended already in the thread.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Somewhere near Croydon’ is closed to new replies.