Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Somewhere decent and reasonably priced to stay in Adelaide, Australia
  • keppoch

Have been searching for somewhere to stay in Adelaide for two nights in mid December but can’t spot anything that makes me want to book.

Looking for a twin room for <£100 a night either in the city or somewhere sufficiently interesting to warrant staying there. Quirky suggestions a bonus!

Any suggestions?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No directly but wotif.com is good for deals. 100uk is about 200au so fairly easy to get 4* for that.

kraftyone
    Free Member

adelaide is only really interesting during the fringe festival (Feb/March time from memory) – you won’t get a room at that price whilst it’s on though!

What are you going for if you don’t mind me asking? Does it have to be Adelaide city? If you have a car then staying out in the Borossa Valley, Mcclaren Vale, Adelaide hills could be an option.

kraftyone
    Free Member

and 100gbp is more like $175 these days.

somouk
    Free Member

Not sure on prices but Adelaide Shores is a large caravan site down in Glenelg so you could catch the tram in to the city from there and it’s right on the beach. Excellent place.

andrewh
    Free Member

Left field, but I hired a basic camper for three weeks for A$600.
    You wanted somewhere interesting to stay, take your pick!

http://www.jucy.com.au/locations/
    Can’t see a depot in Adelaide but if you flying to/from elsewhere, Melbourne isn’t too far, then it would be a lot cheaper than a hotal and a hire car.
    Must be other companies in Adelaide but that was the cheapest I found and very good for the money, cheap and cheerful rather than cheap and tacky.

keppoch

We are looking to stay there 10&11 December between a bus tour and a train trip. So really it is just a staging post rather than we have specifically chosen to go there – but ready to be impressed!

The camper van is coming later in the trip (Cairns-Brisbane) so will save that for then (but Juicy recommendation of interest for then). Adelaide Shores sounds of interest particularly as it has the transport link to the city centre.

As of last night $175 for £100 is about right.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Basic Quick Search
    For Adelaide I’d be looking potentially at central, nice places to eat and get around but shouting ZOKES a lot may be of use. A morning hanging out in the markets is good and the city has some nice places to eat. Day trip to Mclaren is quicker than Barossa and worth a look (get driven if you want to wine taste)
    I’d book quick as

12 December 2014
    Upcoming
    CommBank Test Series v India, Second Test
    Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

Will make it busy on the 11th.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I would be tempted to get up into the Adelaide Hills… somewhere near:

here

or

here

Would be high on my list 😉 If you want me to find specific places I will ask some questions, my best mate lives over in that area and I really need to give him a bell anyway!

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Grew up in Glenelg, South Australia. Tram straight to City. Gets busy enough for two days and is a central location.

There are places around there. Try Patawolonga Motel. West beach caravan park or places around Colley Terrace. Could be a bargain out there.

scuttler

I wonder which train trip that might be…

If you have a proper 48 hours you could get out to Kangaroo Island which is ace. Not sure how it works these days but we got a combo bus and boat ticket from Adelaide city centre and then rent-a-wrecked out on the island by the ferry terminal having booked a place to stay. We stayed out on the west of the island – I’m sure there’ll be plenty of quirky places to stay. It will mean you miss Adelaide completely though and despite its dull reputation it’s a pleasant place for a day or two.

http://www.tourkangarooisland.com.au/

WildHunter2009

The YHA in the city isnt bad to be honest, get a twin room there for not much and its walkable into town / the markets / chinatown area. I think adelaides pretty nice, its really quiet but some good places for a drink and a meal. The markets are a must and heading up the big old hill behind town is worth it as well.

2hottie
    Free Member

Live in Adelaide,

Nice little place… city can be sleepy at times but depends what you want? Bars and places to eat are around but finding the better ones can prove difficult..

Wine tasting is a must! really I can’t stress this enough. Barossa is an hour and 15 away from the city, the hills are more spread out so you’ll get to less and the M’Vale is an hour away from the city.

All have great wine. You could get a tour on the saturday and then chill at the beach on the Sunday. I’d avoid the beach at Glenelg due to being busy and from my experience… dirty aka dog eggs, cig-butts etc. It’s certainly still better than most in the UK. I’d suggest Grange, (train can get you here or a short bus trip from Glenelg up the coast. Henley & West Beach are great too.

You can walk to the zoo from the city or hire a car and drive to Gorge wildlife park in the hills

http://www.adelaidehills.org.au/attractions/gorge-wildlife-park

Lots of options – give us more detail and I’ll try and give you ideas and info.

Also Zokes is away from memory…. he forgotten what a bike looks like the lads that busy!

Regards

Scott.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Somewhere decent and reasonably priced to stay in Adelaide, Australia’ is closed to new replies.