Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sometimes small gestures mean a helluva lot
  • Pook

Just want to say thanks to James from round these parts. Very kind of you James, and massively appreciated.

Not tried to put cleats on yet but that’s tonight’s job.

Just wanted to say thanks – you’re a gent.

cinnamon_girl

Nice thread. 8) Sounds as though we need more folk like James!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hurrah!

Can I add one?

Iveta at the Club check in desk at Dulles. We chatted, she said it was nice I wasn’t angry about my flight being delayed until 0145. So she got me a perfect seat on the 2100 flight instead. Top work! 🙂

plodtv
    Free Member

Thanks to Matt,

Even though the ebay auction ended a month ago, we managed a transaction without any safety mechanisms nice and smoothly.

Good job 🙂

cinnamon_girl

May I just mention a huge kindness from Aleigh of this very parish? Following my stay in hospital due to bike accident, Aleigh received a shopping list from yours truly – for shirts and night-shirts (as my arm was in a sling) plus other bits and pieces.

She didn’t even flinch when she saw me despite my girlie tears and scabby face. And there was chocolate too! Thanks Aleigh. 8)

Not forgetting my riding buddies who sent me a gorgeous bouquet. 😀 Lots of good wishes from many people!

stratobiker
    Free Member

Oi!!! James from round these parts.!!!! Nice one, dude!
    SB

Pook

bump. cos its important to say thanks.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thanks to some of the Manchester massive who took me out for quite a few beers on Thursday. And thanks to hora for buying two hundred two hundred and elevenths of a round. 🙂

Pook

ha ha …. he was still hungover on todays ride

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To be fair to him, he was on Westons Old Rosie at a blinding 7.8 or 7.9%. I found him magnificent and alluring all night. 🙂

Pook

It’s the ‘tache

Bunnyhop

My thanks have to go to No_discerning_taste, also of this parish.

A few years ago we ended up going for an mtb ride after seeing a thread on STW. Soon after we became friends and see each other at least once a week. We’re both a bit tomboyish, but at the same time enjoy girly pastimes like sewing, baking etc.
    As a qualified mtb skills instructor she’s taught me how to ride my bike properly, she bakes some of the best cakes ever and last year we set up a small business together. Even though she’s one of the busiest people I know she has time for everyone, especially mtbers.

mattjg
    Free Member

I bought some forks from Merchant-Banker via classifieds. They were an absolute steal, in perfect nic (as he promised) and he took an awful lot of trouble to pack them safely so they arrived spotless. Thanks fella.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sometimes small gestures mean a helluva lot’ is closed to new replies.