Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • sometimes it just dont happen (crap ride content).
  • ton

rode to malham yesterday to stay overnight at the yha.
    head wind all the way up wharfedale, also very heavy legged after a couple of weeks illness. mrs t crying while riding cos it was too windy/hard/lady problems.
    stopped at grassington for lunch, crap and expensive rode up through skyerthornes up to mastiles lane for a few miles roughstuff.
    mud jammed up inside the front mudguard so had to resort to pushing/dragging bike a couple of miles through the mud.
    managed to get to malham, went to pub, the buck. ale was like beck water, proper pish, resorted to ok guinness.
    cold crap breakfast at yha. ok ride back to bolton abbey, the rained/snowed on back to ilkley for the train. then 5 miles of pissing down rain back from leeds.

what a crap weekend………life is such eh? 😐

[url=https://flic.kr/p/r2vRzA]cidImage_FOTC112.JPG[/url] by 20ston, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qnhR2k]cidImage_FOTEE6C.JPG[/url] by 20ston, on Flickr

Rorschach
    Free Member

Remember when you thought you would’nt ride at all again….you’d have killed for a sh1t,cold,wet weekends riding 😀

Bregante

He’s right y’know.

And better than sitting round on yer arse all weekend mate.

Cheeky edit 🙂

ton

you are so right mate….. 😀

boblo
    Free Member

A shite ride alway trumps a good drive…

bikebouy
    Free Member

You’ll remember that ride for years to come 😆

scotroutes

Unfortunately, so will his Mrs 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

😕
    😆

MrOvershoot

Ton you lucky bugger, my weekend has consisted of looking after a wife with a urine infection who is struggling to remember who I am 🙁
    Even my bike ride to the shops (less than 1k) ended up with a rear wheel puncture & very heavy loaded panniers destroying the rear tyre.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

And better than sitting round on yer arse all weekend mate.

My arse is too sore to sit on after yesterdays 1st outing in yonks! Now I think my hip’s playing up.

ARSE!!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

You got out tho, and rode…
    I didn’t.
    I wish I had.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Snapped and bent chain on yesterday evening’s ride within 15 minutes. Gutted but was glad just to get out as I could barely move from a three hour surf the day before…… Friday was epic surf but I was less than epic.

All made right by a lovely frosty ride (with new chain!) this morning. And vowing to get back on those waves asap.

ton

on a plus note, i must have seen over 100 cyclists out, all ages too and the 5 or so cafe’s on our route looked like they were all booming with business.

cycling is good.

Sandwich

Bad days in the Dales/Moors can be truly terrible.

tomd
    Free Member

Sounds like a tough weekend, but fair play to you for heading out for an overnighter in Feb. Just imagine you could have spent the weekend going round IKEA.

thegreatape
    Free Member

cold crap breakfast

You do realise that you were eating a glove?

martinhutch

He has the haunted look of a man broken by pisspoor ale and Dales weather…

Then again, I bailed out after 15 miles or so today as the weather turned ‘orrible.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

.. Friday was epic surf

Surf is only good for one thing.

BASS FISHING! 8)

core

My riding this year has consisted of 10 miles of xc in fod last month, and 500yds to and from the farm this afternoon to help feed the sheep, at which point I realised I’m woefully unfit and was knackered after 10 minutes forking sileage………

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Its the time of year weather is crap cant do much about it.Went out yesterday in the Cotswolds blue sky and sunshine bit windy on way back got caught in two hail stone storms which stung the face down a fast road descent then it snowed for 10mins once away from the hills it was fine.It will get warmer don’t know how long its going to take.looks great in Spain watching Rute De Sol can but dream 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve had gastroenteritis this last week, went shopping with the wife & kids today, commented on the roadies out in the sleet and she said, you’d rather be doing that despite of what I’d just said. You know what, she was right.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘sometimes it just dont happen (crap ride content).’ is closed to new replies.