Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Something's going on if you ask me…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Apparently, there’s going to be a huge helicopter carrier parked on the Thames to provide “security” for the Olympics…

This morning, I heard an almost throwaway announcement that troops were to be publicly stationed throughout the country, as a “security measure for the Olympics”.

Tin hats, everybody. 😐

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’m expecting an announcement of special Olympic state of emergency powers, only temporarily mind…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah I heard this on BBC, just precautions eh, now’t to worry about is it..

Is it????

GrahamS
    hora
    Free Member

£9billion cost for 2weeks?

The cost of security ontop?

What IS the point?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The point is the raison d’etre for sweeping security and surveillance powers, why else did B liar spend so much effort in bringing this unwanted junket here?

alpin
    Free Member

the legacy, stupid.

Drac

I could tell you but I’d have to shoot you, well I’d probably get an official warning at least.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The legacy is the security-surveillance complex.

Oh, and the olympic venues going to weeds and ruin…

dawson

They are going to grow weed in the ruins?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

That at least would be useful…

project
    Free Member

Wonder if the army can drive the tube trains, as crowe will definately call a strike.

konabunny
    Free Member

Wonder if the army can drive the tube trains, as crowe will definately call a strike.

Crowe is an agent provocateur.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t forget about all that accomodation that’ll be handed over to those that need it will you..

And the venue will be sold to generate a few quid.

And the regeneration it’s given that part of London.

But you’re not really interested in that are you’s..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member

Don’t forget about all that accomodation that’ll be handed over to those that need it will you..

What – a few one bed flats to replace a load of family homes?

hora
    Free Member

Crowe dressed in agent provocateur.

Whoooa there 😯

konabunny
    Free Member

£9billion cost for 2weeks?
    The cost of security ontop?
    What IS the point?

Coke and MasterCards don’t sell themselves, you know.

Has the traditional fabricated “thousands of prostitutes descend on [venue city] for [sporting tournament]” story appeared in the papers yet?

globalti
    Free Member

The whole Olympic village will be a security jobsworth’s dream… a “sterile area”.

igm

The world started to go seriously wrong when we London got the olympics instead of Paris – check the time line.

It must all be linked.

IHN

Coke and MasterCards

I’ll think you’ll find it’s Visa only at the Olympics.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I find the whole Olympics thing heartbreaking. It could be so good. People talk about corruption and waste in the EU, and that is terrible, but look at how our own politicians treat money here in this country. I am pretty much going to attempt to miss the olympics as much as possible and try and focus on other things.

dave360

Woppit you old spunker how’s it hanging.

http://www.forecastingACE.com

onehundredthidiot

“stationed THROUGHOUT the country”. bur we have only a few poxy football matches outside the SE. Why do we need an occupying force? Mind the Sceptics need somewhere for post-Iraq troops to cool their heels.

leftyboy
    Free Member

BUGGER WRONG THREAD!

ciderinsport
    Free Member

And don’t try flying a light aircraft anytime next summer…

http://www.flights.co.uk/articles/london-2012-no-fly-zone.html

The restricted area is massive!

pictonroad

I’m a project manager for a site in London and the Marines have turned up un-announced to practice setting up emergency line of sight data comms that they can put together without access to roads…. 😯

tin foil hats at the ready…

kimbers

look at all these sporty healthy sponsors

and they will be erecting the largest macdonalds in the world (Mwhahahahaha) to feed all the sporty attendees

Gunz
    Free Member

Whilst there will obviously be some sort of military presence at the games for security the BBC has got the wrong slant on the ‘thousands of troops’ stationed around the country. The majority won’t be on hand for security, they’ll bo providing ‘cheap labour’ along the lines of a bigger version of the military stewards at Wimbledon.

ourmaninthenorth

The majority won’t be on hand for security, they’ll bo providing ‘cheap labour’ along the lines of a bigger version of the military stewards at Wimbledon.

Kool Aid anyone?

nicko74

Crowe is an agent provocateur.

Bit harsh, no? I mean, some of his recent films have been terrible, but Gladiator was top notch!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Something's going on if you ask me…’ is closed to new replies.