Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • something is digging up my 'garden'..
  • chickenman

Boris trying to escape Stalag Luft III whilst not being put on the naughty step by the EU?

nickhit3
    Free Member

Many thanks for the varied replies guys. I think I have to date at least 29 different perps, including my wife apparently. Will set about narrowing it down soon.. Last night’s repair work didn’t show any poo in the shallow holes, but it did seem that the majority of the holes were in fact at the base of the plants I mentioned- the red stemmed Cornus alba (cheers John Drummer) exposing some root material.. so it appears whatever it is is after the roots of the plants. No bulbs panted as far as I know as the developer landscaper did the work. Boring old rabbits perhaps?

It’s almost certainly not a mole btw as someone mentioned. I know a mole hill when i see it. The mulch is being dug out from the top (2 to 3 trowel fulls), and the patch is NOT turfed so thankfully I’m not seeing large scale damage as shown above..

andrw13
    Free Member

Badger is the likely culprit. Best way to check is to give the fresh holes a gentle sniff. If they smell badgery that will confirm it.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Badgers prefer grass to soil under plants. After insects rather than roots. But still active, one ran up the road in front of me last night.

Yes – Moles are good – leave lovely tilth. Badgers just leave ankle traps.

nickhit3
    Free Member

turns out it was a young family of deer. case closed sarge’ *credits roll

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘something is digging up my 'garden'..’ is closed to new replies.