Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Someone recommend me a cheap HT play bike frame.
  • flowerman
    Free Member

Hey

I am looking at building up a hardtail as a play bike (I’ve already got a dh rig and xc bike). Basically for messing about, hitting jumps, taking to the odd trails and occasionally riding my local pump track. I have already got a few parts to put on such as

9 speed saint derallieur with xt shifter
    Kore stem
    Dmr v8’s
    Funn Fatboy bars.

Needs to be second hand and under about £125.

Any help appreciated.

brokensoul
    Free Member

Dialled Holeshot, if you can push to £162 for an 853 frame.

Edit
    Sorry, they aren’t second hand.

BoardinBob

456 summer season

glasgowdan
    Free Member

summer season 🙂

kayak23

Charge blender.
    Flow Moe
    Dialled prince Albert
    Charge stove

That sorta thing…

cazum
    Free Member

nvm

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Summer season,

Mine made me rode like a proper hooligan.

robidoo
    Free Member

My Curtis SX frame T45 steel.
    £150

petersnell
    Free Member

My cove stiffee, 19.5″
    £120 posted.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Anything but a summer season. Too heavy/long/slack.

Charge blender.
    Flow Moe

That sorta thing.

DMR trailstar
    Giant STP
    Chameleon
    etc. etc.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Heavy/long/slack are perfect for a play bike frame. I’m doing a whole load of jumping on mine and don’t feel the angles hinder! You then go on to recommend a DMR (very heavy – a pound more than the 456))! Have you ridden any of those frames?

fd3chris
    Free Member

I think a Yeti DJ frame would be perfect,maybe a bit out of your money range but far superior to the other frames mentioned.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Dartmoor hornet or phantom.£189 new from slam69.

goby
    Duane…
    Free Member

456 as a play bike? Haha..

Giant STP would get my vote (I’ve just bought my second), frames can be had for £40-50.

superfli
    Free Member

+1 on the Dialled Bikes, Holeshot. A few of my mates have them and use them for pump track, DH racing and playing on the trails. I keep hearing how much they love them

Vortexracing

Might be a bit over your price but I think Cotic are doing XS BFe at £200 new.

ianv
    Free Member

Some stuff @ winstanleys: atomlab or cove sanchez for £99

GeForceJunky

£80 collected. In West london at the mo but driving to cornwall next week if it helps.

fakesounding
    Free Member

What size do you need? I’ve got a large raw 456 evo frame sat around doing nowt, as i intended to do the same thing as you but never got around to it. It’s even got a brand new fsa orbit mx headset and xt bb in it.

mrelectric

I still really like my Handsome Dog XC01 frame. All-Terrain Cycles (my LBS) do them. last time I looked there they were £99 new. Not the most recent design but work perfectly well.

flowerman
    Free Member

Cheers for all the help, I’ve sent you GeForce Junky a pm about your Dialled Hotshot. Keep the Ideas coming!

goby

Im loving my holeshot +1 here too.

GeForceJunky

Any excuse to post this photo, I’ve replied to your email flowerman.

curlie467
    Free Member

You then go on to recommend a DMR (very heavy – a pound more than the 456))!

The talk is of a summer season frame which weighs in at 2.44kg and the trailstar wieghs in at 2.62 or 2.76kgs depending on LT or not so hardly a full pound. 300gs is bog all in the grand scheme of things.

I have owned both and the trailstar is much more fun jumping, off drops and for chucking around.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

glasgowdan – Member
    Heavy/long/slack are perfect for a play bike frame. I’m doing a whole load of jumping on mine and don’t feel the angles hinder! You then go on to recommend a DMR (very heavy – a pound more than the 456))! Have you ridden any of those frames?

Is this a troll?

Paul-j

Phantom dartmoor 4x frame, alloy frame. i have one for sale. If i could link to it i would.
    Take alook in my history.

Can post or meet

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Someone recommend me a cheap HT play bike frame.’ is closed to new replies.