Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Someone please make me put STW down and do my tax returns……
  • GO ON THEN, MAKE ME! 😡

Accounts, my tax return, wife’s tax return, VAT return all to be done by close of play Monday 🙁

I can’t motivate myself.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Do it or the kitten gets it.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Don’t bother, just wait for the fine and threats of even bigger fines to come through.

Smarty
    Free Member

If you owe any moneys that also has to be paid by close of play on Monday and as all known methods of paying take 3 working days to clear (online with billpay quickest but still quotes up to 3 days to clear) I’d say you’re already in for the fine. I finished Wifes accounts off on Thursday night, submitted tax return and payed the bill. That’s only got Friday and Monday to clear so I’m thinking she might get the fine.

I use instant bank transfer.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It is a fine if the return isn’t in by 31st, but only interest if the amount isn’t paid by 31st, and then a 5% surchage if not paid by 28th Feb.

I got a fine once for sending them some money and then them saying they got it late, when they only got it late as they had just moved offices and the post got redirected!

john_drummer
    Free Member

how does a £100 penalty per return not submitted by Tuesday motivate you?

john drummer – not that much tbh.

It’ll be done – just waiting to win a Microsoft Steering Wheel on fleabay, then I’ll get cracking.

Mrs will be home soon, so best be seen to be getting on with it.

Smarty
    Free Member

This is copied directly off HMRC, A direct bank transfer to HMRC bank accounts is NOT instant. HMRC no longer use Bank of England accounts they now use Natwest bank as do I so I called on Thursday to check, they confirmed 3 working days. Note the last bit FPS not available.

You can use your bank/building society services to pay by internet or telephone banking. To make the payment you will need the HMRC bank account details given below and your Self Assessment reference number, also referred to as your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR).

If you don’t have access to internet or telephone banking but wish to make a transfer by other means, your bank may accept telephone, fax or written instructions.

If you pay using any of these methods, your bank will transfer your money direct to HMRC’s bank account.

It normally takes three bank working days for payment to reach HMRC. Bank working days are Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays. Some banks and building societies can take longer. You should check with your bank or building society to see how long they take to transfer payment and what their cut-off time is for initiating payment. If they take longer then you will need to initiate your payment earlier.

Note: HMRC is unable to make or receive payments using the Faster Payment Service (FPS)

Ah well – didn’t get fined when I paid my last VAT return on Sunday 31st October

Well, time to log off.

Won my Steering Wheel, so all good 😀

iDave
    Free Member

just make it all up

luked2
    Free Member

Too late for this year, but if you pay shed loads of money to the Bullheart charity thing, then if you’re a 40% taxpayer the tax man will end up owing *you* money. So even if you’re late paying, there’s still no fine to pay.

Good idea iDave

Earned – £5.63

Spent – £36,768,950.21

Cough up taxman

(have I been creative enough with the figures to avoid suspiscion?)

MrSmith
    Free Member

Ah well – didn’t get fined when I paid my last VAT return on Sunday 31st October

that’s because you now get 7 days grace due to it being done online.

(don’t know why they changed it but happy that they did)

bruneep

I have a man who cooks my books does mine, much easier.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

If you do it now and avoid a fine, you can spend that money on new bike parts

What’s this bake bark hike mike er… bike you speak of buzz?

luked2
    Free Member

In fact, just doing my tax return right now and it seems you can backdate gift-aid payments made between 5 April 2010 and when you submit your form.

So, if you find you’re going to be paying them money just make a suitable donation to your favourite charity. Worth doing just to annoy them.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Someone please make me put STW down and do my tax returns……’ is closed to new replies.