Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Someone Peed on my Fireworks!!
  • proutster
    Free Member

So the wonderful DHL man arrived today with some brand spanking new Rockshox Revelation RLT forks, but then I unpacked them, inspected them and found this scratch:

It’s about 2mm long and an inch above the seal on the right-hand stantion.

The shop have been superb, I ‘phoned them straightaway and they asked for a e-mailed photo of the scratch. Within 2 hours they’d sent a return label for UPS to collect them from me tomorrow and they’ll replace them as soon as they get the scratched ones back.

Luckily wasn’t planning to ride this weekend but that’s not the point – I know I’ve done the right thing but the excitement of new, shiney things has gone….

wwaswas

Disappointed not to find pics of soggy pyrotechnics.

crikey
    Free Member

Ooooh that’s really, really bad….. 🙄

proutster
    Free Member

crikey
    Ooooh that’s really, really bad…..

So you’d have kept a brand new set of forks with a scratch on them?

crikey
    Free Member

A 2 mm scratch? Yes.

It’s a mountain bike, it’s a tool, a means to an end, not a ****ing ornament!

inthehouse
    Free Member

Id be livid,atleast they are going to be swapped hassle free,just have to wait for some more shiny fireworks too arrive 😆

I had something shiny arrive from Germany courtesy of Rose bikes today,a shiny new xt crankset,ordered friday 23:00 hrs,on the DOORSTEP this arfty,yes the DOORSTEP could of all ended in tears for some-one(me),would of thought Royalmail could of took it back to depot as no-one was in,heyho,ive got it (luckily),

wwaswas

I’d have sent them back as well – if I buy new (which isn’t often) I would want perfection, not compromise.

stumpyjon

I wouldn’t have been happy either, it’s not just a cosmetic issue but even that would’ve been bad enough. Forks aren’t cheap either, better forks are precision engineered for a reason.

crikey
    Free Member

Well, I obviously have much lower standards than you lot. It wouldn’t concern me in the slightest, I put worse scratches on things everytime I ride. Don’t be using it in the rain, or any where off the road now, will ya?

proutster
    Free Member

crikey
    A 2 mm scratch? Yes.

It’s a mountain bike, it’s a tool, a means to an end, not a ****ing ornament

I know It’s quite likely that I’ll put scratches in them pretty soon, but I really can’t understand your logic of accepting damaged goods for your hard-earned cash.

Agree to disagree?

bigyinn
    Free Member

The thing is, you’ve paid for something new, not damaged. The little nick could cause premature wearing of the wiper seals allowing crud inside and causing internal damage, eventually.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Surely the scratch would disappear with a wee wipe of wet and dry?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

why should he accept damaged goods ffs!!

crikey
    Free Member

Of course I’ll agree to disagree.

It seems like a small thing to me, and I would be happy to use it as is, but I accept that some people wouldn’t. 🙂

footflaps

I’d have sent them back as well – if I buy new (which isn’t often) I would want perfection, not compromise.

Yep, same here.

brakes
    Free Member

anywhere else and it wouldn’t bother me but on the stanchion where it’s going to cause a leak and the seals to wear a lot quicker they’d be straight back.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ooooh that’s really, really bad…..

Personally if I buy new it’s perfect or it goes back, simple. If I scratch it in the first ride enjoying it that’s fine, but on a stanchion where it’s an oil seal issue I’m not starting off like that.

FWIW I have a set of 2001 Bombers that have been used, abuse and shipped to the Alps several times but don’t have scratches on the stanchions yet.

JoeG
    Free Member

I would have returned a new fork with a scratched stanchion as well.

If it was just in the paintwork of the crown or lowers, I think that I would have let it go.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Same here. I’d have sent them back. As for me scratching my stuff, if I’m riding the bike and I crash it, that’s all part of the game. However, if it gets scratched because someone lumps their bike onto mine at a cake stop then that’s less acceptable.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Someone Peed on my Fireworks!!’ is closed to new replies.