• This topic has 62 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by moose.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Someone is blackmailing me with video of me doing something shameful.
  • jekkyl

I was in halfords at the weekend and I bought an ‘Apollo’ branded bike,(*weeps*) it wasn’t for me, it’s for my cousin, honestly. When I was walking to the car someone shouted over ‘hey I’ve got a **** bike too’ they then proceeded to get their muddy fox out (from sports direct). So I got my apollo out and starting waving it about. We cycled about for a while looking at each other’s bikes. Unbeknown to me they took some video and now they’re threatending to send the video to all my facebook friends unless I give them 20 quid.

I’m so embarrassed and I hate myself sometimes, what I should I do STW?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Get it out and ride it round in public as much as you can

MSP

Pay, and keep paying whatever it takes to stop that video from coming out.

PS send me 20 quid by paypal gift or I will send your family a link to this thread.

Xylene
    Free Member

Is buying an appollo bike as shameful as going into B&M and pooing on the floor?

footflaps

Have you considered taking the easy way out and topping yourself?

wwaswas

Never mind the make, what sized wheels did it have?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ride it to Aldi. Lock it up outside. Await scorn.

MSP

what sized wheels did it have?

I bet it was a 69er, the pervert!

66deg
    Free Member

I have a cunning plan , buy a nine inch angle grinder then video yourself hacking said bike to bits ,post vid on myface and tell him where to shove the 20 quid.

HughStew

Alternatively, take it to a trail centre and rip the legs off all those insufferable poseurs with £5,000+ bikes.

I love it when this happens, I got chatting to some Polish guys in the famous woods behind Nationwide in Swindon, they were on £200 bikes and getting looks of scorn, they burned all the sneerers. Oh how I laughed.

jekkyl

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Ride it to Aldi. Lock it up leave it unlocked with a can of carling in bottle cage outside. Await scorn.

fasthaggis

Don’t worry OP

If it’s got shocks n pegs… you are lucky! You can go take it off some sweet jumps?

And

Is a Liger your favorite animal?
    Like a lion and a tiger mixed… bred for its skills in magic.

legend
    Free Member

Why not take some arty photos of it and publish them before the video goes online?

MSP

Alternatively, take it to a trail centre and rip the legs off all those insufferable poseurs with £5,000+ bikes.

I love it when this happens, I got chatting to some Polish guys in the famous woods behind Nationwide in Swindon, they were on £200 bikes and getting looks of scorn, they burned all the sneerers. Oh how I laughed.

What is the opposite of the Edinburgh defence?

ernie67

Have you told your family ? ….it’s a tricky one

piemonster

Is buying an appollo bike as shameful as going into B&M and pooing on the floor?

Tough call

66deg
    Free Member

Hang your head in shame.
    [video]https://youtu.be/_SCC17K0s64?t=13[/video]

bigblackshed

My mates and I have rode worse. We bought £59 specials from Halfords, on offer, and entered one of the Dragon DH races in Mid-Wales. I managed to do three corners and a small drop before the forks snapped. My mate, who shall remain nameless, snapped his chain over the same drop but managed to make it all of the way down the hill.

He was not last. 😆

joshvegas
    Free Member

MSP – Member
    What is the opposite of the Edinburgh defence?

The Edinburgh Offence surely?

unknown
    Free Member

Jekyll I don’t think these people were up early enough to see the potential classic thread that was so cruelly ripped from our grasp.

richmars

Jekyll I don’t think these people were up early enough to see the potential classic thread that was so cruelly ripped from our grasp.

Unknown,
    Agreed, it would have been a classic. I got the first few posts early, then got to work and there was a second page, but by the time I clicked on page 2, it had gone!

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’d book marked (mentally) for later viewing much dissapointment that its gone 🙁

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

^ That 66deg video is sheer comedy gold. Someone needs to do a parody of it.. 😆

Rather worryingly, though, it actually has me sold. The thing looks awesome – a ‘split steel alloy frame’… FULL suspension that ‘soaks up THE roughest of terrain’.

Looks freakin’ awesome!!!

muggomagic

I check back to see this mornings thread thinking this was it and I’m very disappointed to read that it has been tossed.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

There was a similar dilemma this morning on here, that could have helped, but it’s vanished now 🙁

lerk
    Free Member

no_eyed_deer – Member
    ^ That 66deg video is sheer comedy gold. Someone needs to do a parody of it..

I actually thought it was until he got on about the free build and service!

poisonspider
    Free Member

Erm…am I missing something?

What’s wrong with Apollos exactly?

I have two in my fleet!!

What are you guys riding that’s any better??

neilthewheel

Did he really call the tyres “wheels”?
    OP – at least you weren’t on the Muddy Fox.

seadog101
    agent007
    Free Member

they then proceeded to get their muddy fox out

Is that inuendo?

jekkyl

What thread this morning? no idea what you’re all on about, this is a true dilema please take it seriously, what if my wife finds out?

wwaswas

I needed a big box to post some wheels so went to Halfords at lunchtime today as they’re always good for a bike box.

I just had to carry this home and into the house;

RustySpanner

Not the Edinburgh Defence – that fine, much maligned strategy is still being refined and expanded by it’s exponents.

This could be an example of Schrodingers Anomoly, whereby the intentions of the poster can only be truly ascertained once a concensus is established.

🙂

Closely related to The Rules Dichotomy – whereby someone has been so overexposed to to the internet that they no longer know what they want take the piss out of, or why.
    See Rules threads, where people queue up to belittle something they are ashamed to admit they believe in.

portlyone

My mate, who shall remain nameless, snapped his chain over the same drop but managed to make it all of the way down the hill

Gwin??

richmars

What thread this morning? no idea what you’re all on about, this is a true dilema please take it seriously, what if my wife finds out?

There was a thread this morning with a title very similar to this one, but nothing to do with bikes. I guess it was removed because it was in the the bike forum when it should have been in the chat forum.

ernie67

Bit more than “chatting” going on 😉

MSP

what if my wife finds out?

That scenario is becoming more and more likely the longer it takes for my 20 quid to arrive.

jekkyl

I’m going on Holiday to france next week, maybe I’ll take my Apollo and take a picture of it next to the Effiel tower.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Stcik a couple of dynamos on it and a seate cover, then sling it on Ebay as some kind of rad custom bike and sell it to some mug for a squillion pounds. We’ll see who’s laughing then.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Somebody posted with a story of having hooked with with a random ‘lady’ on Skype and choked his chicken, to the most satisfactory conclusion, while this lady jiggled her ample frontage for him. Said lady then told him that she’d recorded his exploits and that he must pay her €1000 or she’d post footage of these illicit manipulations to all of his friends and family on Facepage.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Someone is blackmailing me with video of me doing something shameful.’ is closed to new replies.