Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Someone else asking for medical advice….ear problems!
  • becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Before I start, I know asking for help on here is a dangerous thing, but I just want to know if anyone else has had what I seem to have now, because I’m stumped!

Its only my right ear, a lot of the time it feels the same as when I yawn, sometimes its a constant thing, and sometimes the sensation sort of pulsates. It doesn’t hurt or anything, its just really annoying, and tends to distract my attention.

Haven’t been flying or swimming in about a year so I assume its nothing related to that!

Anyone experienced anything similar / any idea what it might be?

Hairychested
    Free Member

When I get it it’s the wax depositing inside (mine is very sticky and I need a nurse to unblock my ears every now and then).

Dino
    Free Member

Tinitus bud

thejesmonddingo

You need a doctor to have a look,otherwise it’s just guesswork.
    Ian

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

yes I will to the doctors if it carries on, just don’t like wasting their time if its nothing!

Strangely enough, I’d just been thinking about starting an ear thread myself.
    I didn’t though, because I knew that as soon as I mentioned that I have gone almost completely deaf in one ear and I can scrape something out that looks very much like dried blood (without poking right in there, before you mention the dangers) and the side of my head has gone a bit numb and my ear hurts when I bend over and lift something heavy, it was inevitable what advice I would get.
    I’ll phone for an appointment tomorrow.

Turns out I’ve got an ear infection which has caused a perforated ear drum.
    I’ve got some antibiotics and I should be OK in a week or so.
    Thank you for your concern.

Drac

Sounds like you need them syringed out, make an appointment with the Nurse at your GPs.

bruneep

blocked Eustation tube? both of mine are blocked and have been for many years 🙁 , gromit inserts help to equalise the pressures.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

That sounds nasty Graham, glad it should all be cleared up soon!

Think I’ll be having a trip to the gp in the week!

It was the nurse at the local medical centre who diagnosed it.
    She then called a doctor in for a second opinion.
    It was the infection that perforated the ear drum, which then bled in to the outer ear, where I found the dried blood.
    The antibiotics should clear up the infection, the ear drum should then heal itself in a week or so.
    I’ve almost completely lost the hearing in that ear temporarily. It hasn’t affected my balance though, so I can still ride my bike. 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Someone else asking for medical advice….ear problems!’ is closed to new replies.