Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Somebody on here must have a Cielo 29er?
  • rewski
    Free Member

just wondered if they ride as nice a they looked

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Some bikes just look very, very ‘right’. That is one…

rewski
    Free Member

Doesn’t it, looks even better in the flesh, there was one at the London Bike show last year with a pair of syncros fl carbon forks, very tidy.

khani
    Free Member

They make the Richey P29 look cheap! 😯 nice.. but £1699 nice?…for steel?..
    (I may be too tight for this thread)

mattjg
    Free Member

the black one is gorgeous

birney29
    Free Member

My riding buddy has one with full Chris King / XTR spec. Very nice indeed.

I’ve not had a shot – he is about 6 feet 6 and with me being a measly 5’10 I doubt I could touch the pedals.

He rode it at this years Tour De Ben Nevis. The bike is the only reason he got a much better time than me. Honest. Seriously.

flange
    Free Member

Personally I’d go for a P-29 every time and save my money. I’m sooooo tempted by one of these, my LBS has one in thats my size…

rewski
    Free Member

My riding buddy has one with full Chris King / XTR spec. Very nice indeed.

Jeez, how much that cost? Don’t answer that. Anyway, I’m 6″4 do you think he’ll let me borrow it?

birney29
    Free Member

Jeez, how much that cost? Don’t answer that. Anyway, I’m 6″4 do you think he’ll let me borrow it?

Well north of 4.5k I think. Has those fancy Fox Kashima forks, hand built wheels, carbon bars etc etc.

Really nice bike.

rewski
    Free Member

I deffo want to steal borrow it.

Blackhound

Saw a bunch of them hanging up in Portland last summer. Was a bit tempted to try and squeeze one into the bike box. Managed to resist.

STW gave it a good review. The Ritchey is nice in the flesh as well.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The Ritchey p27.5 looks more right to my eyes.

Can’t wait.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Ok, I agree that the one in that first pic looks pretty nice, but is there really any point in a rigid bike with gears?

That’s a genuine question, by the way. Surely if you’re just titting about then rigid SS would make sense, but having gears implies you want to go fast, which would also suggest a need for a bit of suspension.
    Or is it just for riding on completely smooth trails?

Anyone here with a geared rigid care to explain it to me?

johnnystorm

I prefer either fully suss or fully rigid. To me, in a purely non-scientific “feel” kinda way” the front and rear behave the same. This is an opinion I’ve formed since going 29er but putting rigids on an old chameleon has made me enjoy it more than ever. I should add I live in Suffolk so I’m not bashing through steep boulder fields on every ride.

rewski
    Free Member

but is there really any point in a rigid bike with gears?

why not? My first mtb had rigid forks and gears, I now have a geared ht with carbon rigid forks, it’s much lighter upfront and faster uphill and for commuting, and yes I have to admit you do find the smoother line in a trail, more so to save my wrist due to a screw in my scaphoid. I can’t speak for SS riders but I’m pretty sure they like to go fast whilst they tit about 😉

Nipper99
    Free Member

I have gears on my Gryphon as there are hills here in Wales and ss just would not be practical.

rOcKeTdOg

1st one is a 650b innit?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

With the Pacentis, I’d guess so (or do they do 29″ stuff too?).

The Ritchey is also beautiful…

johnnystorm

Pacenti do 29er rims, the Cielo is 29er apart from XS frame which is 650b. The white one looks nothing special to be honest while the black one looks amazing. I’m sure a white one in an arty photo or in the flesh would look better.

johnnystorm

Just looked, the file name of the black bike pic is mountain650 …….. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

Just looked, the file name of the black bike pic is mountain650

if only someone had spotted that earlier..oh, wait 8)

rewski
    Free Member

As someone mentioned the xs is 650b.

johnnystorm

Yeah, I mention it! Lol. Just confirming rocketdogs non-committal “Innit!” 😀

rewski
    Free Member

Got ya 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Somebody on here must have a Cielo 29er?’ is closed to new replies.