Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Somebody just got the e-mail – Strava Content
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

****Strava Haters****
    Go back to the daily mail now!!
    ****Message Ends*****

Couldn’t really be arsed but the missus persuaded me to get out on the bike with her did the local loop and had a really smooth run on the last DH section. Got my KOM back by 48s along with 2 other PR’s elsewhere.

Beer in hand and happy now

Jamie
    Free Member

****Strava Haters****
    ****Message Ends*****

I try similar things on Apple threads. Never seems to work…

wwaswas

****Strava Haters****
    ****Message Ends*****

I think newspapers are a bit ‘new-fangled’ for them, tbh – the first one was produced as recently as 1620.

re: the KOM 🙂 I do like unexpected things like that on a ride when you’re just going with the flow and it all seems to come together.

scaredypants

Link or it didn’t happen

allthegear
    Free Member

Out of interest, and speaking as someone who hasn’t yet tried Strava, how did you record your time on the DH section?

By any chance was it on a smartphone? Is the DH section in woods?

I’m just curious into how accurate Strava claim the timed runs are, given that GPS positioning in areas like that is *really* approximate. I could quite easily see a run being timed inaccurately, easily over 30s of riding distance out.

Rachel

wwaswas

allthegear – it really doesn’t matter, it’s a bit of fun and the previous holder had the same chance of their time being inaccurate as the OP.

there’s a few round here that are clearly being set by people on motorbikes. I think you can’t take it too seriously. It is nice to get a KOM though, when you feel like you had a good climb/descent/traverse 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

LinkyNow have to admit there are only 4 on the list!!

And Rachel

It’s low density woodland times are normally about 1-2s within the go-pro for the same area.

wrecker
    Free Member

****Strava Haters****

WTF has an opinion on Strava got to do with a newspaper?
    People just seem to use daily mail as a random insult and it makes them look a bit silly.

mcboo
    Free Member

You really showed those four losers didnt you. Def worthy of a thread.

wwaswas

I bet you didn’t do the ‘loop around the tree’ at the end 😉

jota180
    Free Member

there’s a few round here that are clearly being set by people on motorbikes

I use Strava for motorbikes too, particularly on the enduro bikes.
    I don’t think most that do are trying to wind up cyclists or anything, just comparing sections with their mates. I’s a bit of a pain that you have to use the cycling app for it but it’s so obvious that it’s easy to differentiate

atlaz
    Free Member

It’s pretty easy though, you just flag the person’s time as suspicious and a bit later it vanishes. I’m currently flagging thousands of rides to get my KOMs back. Much easier than actually riding my bike 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Somebody just got the e-mail – Strava Content’ is closed to new replies.