Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • some things I wish I had known about bulls.
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

Got to a field with a HUGE bull in it but didn’t see a sign to beware of it so opened the gate and rode slowly on past it but I had to make a run for it!!!

I later found that
    A. If there are cows in the field with it do not go in. There were.
    B. If it shows its side to you do not go in. It did.
    C. If it tosses it’s head do not go in. It did.
    D. If it paws the ground do not go in. It did.
    E. If you are stupid enough to ignore your gut feeling, go in anyway, and it charges you, cycle like f##k. I Did!!!

mogrim

You saw a bull pawing the ground and you went in??? 😯

cloudnine
    Free Member

Bullocks…
    Gopro footage or it dint appen

d45yth
    Free Member

Haha, did you live up to your name? I know I would have! I’ve been very wary and felt stupid for sneaking past a few bulls…none of them displaying any of the things you mention.

plop_pants
    Free Member

I thought it was just trying to impress the girls!

plop_pants
    Free Member

I think it was a charolais, well it was big and white, but I didn’t get chance to ask.

d45yth
    Free Member

Well, I’ve just been searching for an amusing picture of someone being gored by a bull…after seeing one where a horn went in by a bloke’s ear and come out beside his eye socket, popping his eye out, I’ve decided not to post anything up! 😯

oldnpastit

In my experience, a frightened cyclist is faster than a bull, but only just….

martinhutch

If there are cows in the field with it do not go in.

Really? 😯

I frequently head through fields with seemingly placid old buggers and their laydeez. Unless they were frothing at the gob and ready to ‘get it on’, that is.

Duffer
    Free Member

Someone once told me that dairy cattle are well used to having people around, so tend to be very placid. Cows bred for meat are not.

Thag said, bulls are monsters and i wouldn’t go near any of them.

anagallis_arvensis

Dairy Bulls tend to be far far more aggressive than beef bulls.
    Was this on a ROW?

Jamie
    Free Member

Was this on a ROW?

If it was, surely that would have been a bull seal?

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Big brown and white classic Herefords are ok. Black and white Holstein Fresians on the other hand! 😯 they shouldn’t be in fields accesible to the public

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Grab its ring!!

aidanoggy
    Free Member

Walking Hadrians wall the week before last the path led through a field with a big bull trying to shag some cows that had small calves with them. We took another route.

Cows with calves – nope
    Horny bulls – nope
    All mixed up – double nope

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Grab its ring!!

I tried that the other day. I’m sticking to cows in future.

anagallis_arvensis

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vguKJGfki3M[/video]

joshvegas
    Free Member

Duffer you either misheard, got confused or that person wanted you dead. Beefers are big softies.

I was once caught squating (not like that) by a borehole next moment i had a aberdeen angus bull nibbling my ear.

Also another overlooked danger an aggressive ram can cause you serious grief.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Was this on a ROW

Yes it was. The good(bad) thing was that when I got to the 5 bar gate I was aiming for it wasn’t secured! Just a bit of string draped on a branch. Meant I got out of the field quick but then so could the cattle with a light nudge.

Jamie
    Free Member

plop_pants out for a drive, earlier…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

‘taint just bulls. I’ve kept a wary distance from cows getting involved in fights or stampeding.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘some things I wish I had known about bulls.’ is closed to new replies.