Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Some photos of my local loop to get you in the mood for your weekend's ride
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Just a pootle, but some good views. Straight out of Kirkton, and heading north, then it's off on a minor B road, and then onto some fire roads.

Looking back down towards Criffel and across to the Lake District

Up on the moor, looking across to Queensberry. This was the highest point. The ride is a long uphill, then a slightly shorter downhill.

Fell off at speed (for me anyway, but was ok)

Looking down, at the top of the downhill

Bogtrotters stylee water pic 😀

Then had to ride through some cows in a farm, which was a bit of a worry, but got through, and then back on the downhill.

Then it flattens out through some very nice woodland with a babbling stream running alongside.

Fabulous!

BontyBuns
    Free Member

i like your second picture. and the cloud formation int he second to last. Looks intense. Did you hurt yourself badly?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cheers

Luckily just a bang rather than anything broken. I was descending what looked like an innocent and fun double track, but then it went into two grooves. My tyre hit the side of the wall and off I came.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Lovely 🙂 I too like the second one.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I'm jealous, looks like rain forecast for tomorrow, I'll either have to brave it or spend an hour or 2 on the turbo trainer!

Pictures are rather good 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cheers. I am back at my parents for a couple of months and this is the first time I have explored what is out there straight from the house, no driving. There's quite a lot of good stuff, albeit fireroads and doubletrack, which I am not ashamed to admit is my kind of riding (and yes that off was on double track!)

hh45
    Free Member

Then had to ride through some cows in a farm, which was a bit of a worry

poof.

duntstick
    Free Member

HH45, Limehouse by any chance?

simonralli2
    Free Member

????

samuri
    Free Member

Then had to ride through some cows in a farm, which was a bit of a worry,

😉 You realise they're domesticised vegetarians and completely harmless[1]?

[1] APART FROM THE TWO PEOPLE PER YEAR WHO ARE KILLED IN BRITAIN BY HUMAN HATING COWS!!!!!!!!

MrNutt
    Free Member

Whenever riding through cows I often find it helps to think "what would an astrally travelling Jesus do?" ;D

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Some photos of my local loop to get you in the mood for your weekend's ride’ is closed to new replies.