Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Some Photos from the past…
  • feltmountain
    Free Member

A fair few years ago now i used to document rides and races with a little camera i used to carry about with me, I found all the posted images last week on an old hardrive. I know a few people from the forum are on them. The forum was hacked and a lot of the photos went with the hacking.

After a long hiatus from riding and photography, i’ve started to do both again.

Anyway you may be on some of the images…:)

(Apologies if i’ve posted to many in one go and it blows up the internet! They are in no particular order now, just how they come off flickr).

This shot above was of a Dad and his small son both on Turners (his sons a tiny custom version!) I was thinking the kid must be in his late teens now.

I owe a fair bit to this man, his Jones tires kept me rubber side down and mostly pointing in a strait line throughout a lot of my riding.

Think this is Pete? cheers Pete for taking us some of the best rides around Cannock.

simondbarnes

Fantastic! You’ve even made me look fast! (Rider 1401, from sits back in the day iirc?). Sideways Tim on drop bars, a very young pips family and many other fine folk I’ve had the pleasure of sharing a ride, race or beer with over the years 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Claim to fame: I’ve ridden that IF CX that Sideways Tim is riding

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Some great shots there. Sadly now all I can think of is how much I want Spam fritters.

malv173
    Free Member

Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing!

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Those are great photos, remember riding most of those events, good times!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Some infamous Mountain Mayhem 2007 in there….

Drac

Blimey some of those I recall from the first time you posted them, some great friends appearing on there too.

Nice one cheers.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

scc999

I don’t know anyone in those pics, but I still think they are excellent!
    Especially the social ride ones, really apture the feeling of mountain biking in the UK imo.

Cheers,

Si

cp

Great pics..! Enjoyed flicking through that. Made me think.. just get out and ride – it’s brilliant!

Must have taken forever to copy and paste the IMG links!

richpips
    Free Member

Thanks for posting those, my babies are now 12 and 15. What happened to Andy Champion?

feltmountain
    Free Member

Thanks all, glad some of you are on them.

You still in Hayfield Rich? (last time i saw you was at Llandeglla) will have to go out for a ride, could do with getting to know that end of the Peaks a bit better, as my memory is hazy without Dave Dodd to guide me round!

Yeah what did happen to him? was always great to see him as he was so funny!

bigblackshed

The Kelloggs BMX one. I was there that day. Stood on that side of the arena. Probably no more the 10′ away from you.

tomhoward

Well, that’s my mobile data allowance gone for the rest of the year…

richpips
    Free Member

You still in Hayfield Rich?

Yep, come over, it’d be good to see ya.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Fantastic. 26 inch wheels, how quaint.

frankconway

Some great photos there!
    And so much mud……and 26″ wheels from the days before marketeers bossed the market……and rim brakes…..and OnOne being prominent before they lost their way……and Chipps with hair – not a lot, but some!

sillyoldman

That’s my old GF Rig coated in wet slop near the end. Not sure what event though?

smartay

Great pics, as above 26″ -life seemed alot more simpler and straight foreward how thats connected with wheel size I dont know, but it seems to fit

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ah man, some great pics of great friends..
    And there it is.
    *That smile*

I miss that smile Jenn. 🙁

feltmountain
    Free Member

Maybe things were simpler (but lets be honest even back a few years no one i knew had a single mountainbike that they did everything on, some even had two of exactly the same bike, in case one broke!). When i stared riding again, i didn’t even know what Strava was, im still not completely sure if im honest! But maybe thats a good thing!

Nothings changed really as far as i can tell, bikes are better and more expensive, but when i talk to younger riders they have exactly the same mindset, i had a conversation with one the other day about how annoyed partners get if your out for a walk in the hills and your always pointing out bits of the walk… ” i normally ride down that bit…” etc.
    We can’t help it! we wish we were on our bikes!

I also think part of it is then riding a mountainbike you are completely present in the moment, you haven’t got the capacity to think about life and all the crap that sometimes come with it, your senses are all directed to picking a creative line down a trail and avoiding bouncing off trees!

feltmountain
    Free Member

Yes i did realise that Jenn had gone, i remember reading about her illness on the forum a while back, i can’t remember if she was staff at STW when the photos were taken, but yes the smile in all the images of her says it all!

davedodd
    Free Member

Top quality pictures Jon as always, but mainly the one’s with me in. Good to you’ve included my all time Jon favourite of the shot of Glenn in Llandegla.
    Andy Champion by the way popped into Deb’s shop recently. Doesn’t ride due to knackered knees apparently.
    I can feel a Peaks ride coming on following this, just need some strength and fitness:-)

Splash-man
    Free Member

Pictures of Jenn were from before she joined STW I’m sure.
    I remember her working in my LBS for a while when she was training for the Great Divide. She sorted out a warranty replacement on my cracked Kona Le Roi.

For ever remembered.

flowergirl
    Free Member

That’s made me smile Jon! Brought back some great memories, made me want to get out on the bike more. Thank you xx
    Btw, it wasn’t spam, it was turkey rashers! 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Some Photos from the past…’ is closed to new replies.