Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Some people don't deserve to be alive.
  • gcaster
    Free Member

I’m currently down in Durham at uni but back home my parents house in Newcastle has been burgled. You wouldn’t expect 2 masked blokes to walk into your kitchen at 7:00pm and help themselves.
    Handbag, Blackberry, Macbook, Saab 95 and a Toyota Rav 4 stolen.

F-ing ridiculous – times like this when the swear filter takes a pounding!

Just lucky for us nobody got hurt – especially with their being a baby in the house at the time!

colnagokid

Where in the Toon?

gcaster
    Free Member

Great Park, just up the end of Gosforth.

chewkw
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that but did they come with weapons?

Sounds like they might be seasoned burglars with such a daring attitude to burgle home at 7pm Sunday. They cannot even wait. Human waste.

So long as nobody is hurt I guess you just have to let the police do their job now. Property can be replaced.

gcaster
    Free Member

Don’t know about weapons, we never actually saw them but the local police had been called out about 1/2 an hour prior as someone had reported 2 men in balaclavas loitering around our local area.
    I imagine it was an organised raid of our area. Stealing one car might suggest they’d been opportunistic but knowing where to take 2 stolen cars suggests they knew what they were doing. Either that or the cars will likely turn up wrecked/burnt out over the next couple of days.
    Thanks god for insurance is all I can say – can’t imagine esure are gonna be too chuffed with a claim of around £50k!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

They’ve got to get the swag away somehow, so take the cars that they have keys for, and dispose later.

Where were your parents? If they were threatened, then it’s robbery, not burglary. That makes a big difference.

Admiralable
    Free Member

My parents got burgled a couple of months ago while they were on holiday in spain. The guy who did it denied all knowledge despite there being his finger prints and blood on the walls (from where he broke the glass to get in) and also he had my mums bedding in his house!!!

yunki
    Free Member

They’ve got to get the swag away somehow, so take the cars that they have keys for, and dispose later.

Or they could be ringing the cars… or stealing to order.. or breaking them for parts to ship overseas..

Scary business… I’ve been robbed in my home on a couple of occasions in the past and it leaves you feeling very vulnerable and uneasy.. it’s not very easy to come to terms with and certainly not a nice way to start the new year..

best wishes to your folks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Some people don't deserve to be alive.’ is closed to new replies.