Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Some day’s I’d just like to…
  • lastuphills
    Free Member

Pack up a camper van and travel see what the world has to offer ….

sofatester
    Free Member

I’ll drink a beer to that!

Dull job, anoying ex’s, nagging parents and borning friends. If you need a travel buddy give me a shout!

Stoner
    Free Member

maybe not “the world” but 3 or 4 times a year family Stoner up and out to the continent in the van for a month or 2 at a time.

All of December in the pyrenees,
    All of May in Spain and France and finishing at the Copenhagen marathon.
    Late Summer in Scotland for a month I think.
    Maybe think of a few more over the year too…

keeps me ticking over

lastuphills
    Free Member

think I would have to give first refusal to the wife and kids as trvel companions…. 😀

lastuphills
    Free Member

Sounds good Mr Stoner envious of your flexibility that allows you to do that.

alwyn
    Free Member

If I can’t get a job by September I’m off, screw the savings. I’m sure I can find some bar work on the way.

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone wanna buy a house in Cardiff?

Otherwise – do it. Stop fannying about.

lastuphills
    Free Member

It’s easier said than done….

Stoner
    Free Member

If I didnt have the Stoner* family, I would pack a medium sized rucksack, load the account with cash and walk/bivvy across the continent to Turkey and then back via Norway I think.

* not that I would not want them you understand 🙂

So since I’m stuck with them I have the pleasure of their company we make the best of what we have. Certainly flexibility on the work front and since little Stoner is not at school yet (2yrs) we can make hay.

lastuphills
    Free Member

what size Van do you use Stoner … just to add a bit of flesh to my daydream 🙂

lastuphills
    Free Member

Nice …

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ll do that some day. We are considering home-schooling little-grips when the time comes, to facilitate such a thing.

lastuphills
    Free Member

I will probably just keep day dreaming about it … (along with my other day dreams) having said that I at least have a Van (unconverted) so that’s a step in the right direction to a watered down version of the day dream..

andym
    Free Member

Why not just get on your bike and see what the world has to offer?

Campervans are just caravans without the advantage of being able to leave them at the campsite.

lastuphills
    Free Member

Can’t sleep/cook/eat etc in a bike

Stoner
    Free Member

Can’t sleep/cook/eat etc in a bike

Pre stoner Jr.
    3 months, 5,000km tour. This is all our kit.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/northmalvern/PompinoTrip
    http://pompinos.blogspot.com/

lastuphills
    Free Member

I will re phrase my statement you cant sleep/eat/cook etc with two kids (aged 2yrs & 4 months) in a bike over an extended period.

sofatester
    Free Member

So are you saying you wish you didnt have kids? 😆

aracer
    Free Member

Can I borrow your van, Mark? And whilst I’m at it can I borrow your job as well (mine would seem not to offer that sort of flexibility)?

lastuphills
    Free Member

Nope .. I’m saying I wish I had a camper Van and was financially secure enough not to have to go to work so I could take aforementioned camper Van and my lovely kids ( & Mrs) on an extended trip (along with the bike) to discover the joy’s the world has to offer

Stoner
    Free Member

aracer – of course you can, but I must warn you it comes fitted with a ginger child Im afraid.

lastuphills
    Free Member

Actually the ‘I wish I was financially secure enough not to have to go to work’ would do … the rest I could work on

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Some day’s I’d just like to…’ is closed to new replies.