• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sombrio Gloves – anyone used them?
  • shmoo
    Free Member

Am looking for some new gloves, like the look of Sombrio Forensic gloves, has anyone any experiences of them? Good or bad. Want some full finger but not heavy armoured or padded, don't get on with padding in the palms. Any other recommendations?

cheers

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I've got forensics. They're light and they fit well and have minimum padding.

I do however get little blisters/calluses at the base of my middle and ring fingers when wearing these gloves that I've never had with any others.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sombrios are my glove of choice. They are well made, tough, and don't have silly and unecessary elastic/velcro cuffs which I like. CRC had a load on sale recently. £15 a pair for mine (Not sure which mdel though)

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Great fit, great feel, last forever.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Love my Forensic Rastas – had them two years and they are wearing out but by far the best gloves I've had.

cp

mine didn't last long at all (a month or so of irregular use) before the palm started to wear through.

whoopiegoldbars
    Free Member

Got some 09 Prodigy in brown. Love them so much I ordered another two pairs just to stock up.

They do come up small, but seeing as I order most gloves a size too small anyway, I find they're the perfect fit for me. They're very well designed gloves – comfortable, single layer reinforced palms, big snot/sweat wipe, the silicon brake grippers are still there after 10 rides and they are nicely ventilated.

They are the first gloves I've found in three years to replace my Pawtectors as my favourite gloves. Would definitely recommend giving them a try, especially at the prices CRC and Wiggle are doing them at now.

IainGillam
    Free Member

As someone above said, mine didn't last a particularly long time before they started falling apart the feel was good though as was the cuffless design. I use Troy lee xc's most of the time and find them to be spot on and they wear quite well, the SE's are better if you prefer a little more padding/ get blisters a lot.

Iain

DT78
    Free Member

I've got 2 pairs of the forensics, one pair is starting to come apart but that is after 2 years decent use. I'll buy another pair soon.

akira

Got some Cartels that are still going strong after two years, slight hole in one thumb that is probably crash damage but a big fan.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Had a few pairs of the Forensics – great feel, but they all started to come away at the stretch panel on the wrist quite quickly. Makes little difference when out riding though 🙂
    you can normally pick em up on the web for cheapness, especailly the rasta ones for some reason

DT78
    Free Member

Anyone know where you can get forensics cheap? I think CRC was around £20…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sombrio Gloves – anyone used them?’ is closed to new replies.