Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Solo Alps trip
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

So looks like I’ll be heading out Alone this year so will go guided. Any good recommendations for billy no mates, ta?

J

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

There were acouple of guys tagged on with us at passportes year before last. We did a week beforehand and used the companies guide a few times. I think they’ll all accommodate ya, just pick a group with a similar agenda!

saxabar
    Free Member

Never had a problem doing it and going guided means you’re in groups anyhow. On a solo trip to Chamonix this year without guiding I ended up riding with locals, Frenchies and resident Brits finding all sorts of new stuff. The only thing to remember when going solo is to back off the super-sketchy stuff!

scottfitz
    Free Member

That’s week there is a group of 20 guys going to the Les arcs area. All staying in bogue st mortise. Some camping, some in hotels, and 8 of us in a chatel. Is going to be an epic week. Going to get a guide for a couple of days too. See you there if you going to les arcs.

We are all meeting for beers at Le Tonneau its on the roundabout next to train station in Bourg. Its big and plenty of tables. They also serve massive beers

Le Tonneau 2 Avenue Stade, 73700 Bourg-Saint-Maurice, France

open invitation to anyone out there that week.

jhw
    Free Member

bogue st mortise

Was that posted using Siri or something?? Sounds like a fantastic trip though, have fun.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I went solo to a chalet in 2003, Morzine. There were a number of 2-4 size groups and everyone got on fine.

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you been to the Alps before OP?

It’s easy to hook up with other riders in Morzine/Les Gets, either in town or out on the trails.

Or go with a holiday company which does guiding and then they will be forced to ride with you!

colp

In Morzine 3rd to 10th July, bit of everything, DH, XC.
    Welcome to hook up with us. Staying at the Sherpa (Jollygood Alpine adventures)

scottfitz
    Free Member

Was that posted using Siri or something??

not sure where i got that from 😕

gsp1984
    Free Member

We are staying in Chatel from the 28th June to the 9th July.

Doing Passportes then playing around for the rest of the weeks. Welcome to tag along.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Excellent stuff I know that bar in Borg St Maurice, yeah I’ve been before several times and went last year in a independent group which was fine plenty of good riding.
    Always go to Les Arcs as we ski there and know some people but they don’t bike.

makkag
    Free Member

Went Solo last year as had no play buddies and was a bit last minute, Stayed in Les Gets with Alpine elements and had a ball, Went out exploring on my own in the mornings and then met up with other riders over lunch and played train ..all i will say is i did stick to relitively well used trails and did not push when i was on my own , just in case ..
    Im out in Les Gets again 15th 22nd July with a few fella’s some XC some Gnarrcore- happy for you to tag-along as well !

wl
    Free Member

Bike Verbier are excellent in every respect, and the trails they take guests on are phenomenal. The group is carefully split according to what different folk want to ride or are capable of riding. Brilliant guides and superb atmosphere in the chalet too – no problem at all for guests on their own. As good as it gets.

Megatron

Just booking up my 4th trip with Bike Verbier. 4th trip out there on my own. Love it 🙂
    Only problem of bike holidays on your own is traveling by yourself with a bike can be such a faff.

wl
    Free Member

When you out there, megatron?

nickegg
    Free Member

4th trip to the White Room in Sainte Foy this year but 1st time solo since my wife and i seperated 🙁 although the other 7 guests consist of most of last years group we were with so i kind of know them.

Can’t wait! The trouble i found with quided type accomodation was the frankly ridiculous single occupancy rate i was qouted by a well known Tarentaise based company! The White Room have way more flexible accomodation so don’t sting you just because you’re travelling alone.

I think every year we’ve been there were solo guests and it never made a difference….after all, we’re there to enjoy the same thing so you kind of start off on common ground surely?

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I went solo with Bike Village.

Best. Week. Ever.

Mountain Bike Holidays French Alps

Megatron

11th to 25th August 🙂
    I can’t wait! I feel like a little kid waiting, so I think the next few months may drag a little…

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Megatron, you have to meet up with Will, his head is the size of this smiley face
    😀 stuck on the body of a normal sized man. He uses a hollowed out acorn as a helmet.

vinnyeh

We booked a chalet for the family for a week in Morzine start of July, instead of camping as we usually do.
    Looks like the kids, and hence wife as well, are now having to bail, so as well as having to make the drive singlehandedly, I’m now also going to be rattling around an empty house for a week.

wl
    Free Member

I’ll see you there, Megatron – I’m with Bike Verbier from the 18th (also solo until a few mates join me for the week beginning 25th).

Cupid – I’ll have a newly shaved head, so the acorn helmet will be too big. I’m gonna get me an ant’s scalp to wear.

hora
    Free Member

I went solo to a chalet in 2003, Morzine. There were a number of 2-4 size groups and everyone got on fine.

You weren’t there the sametime as me? 🙂

ChrisL

I went solo to Bike Village last year and had a great time. I booked a week where most of the guests were coming on their own so we all mixed rather than staying in our own little groups. Most companies like Bike Village and the White Room will be happy to let you know what sort of bookings they’ve already got for the weeks you’re interested in, which should help you find a time and a place that’ll be solo friendly.

stumpydemo
    Free Member

I might have a space avilaible on coach heading for our anual Le Gets trip in August.If you or any others are interisted let me know.

IFonly

WI A few mates & myself are out W/C 25th August, we have been promised a beginner week by Phil. Hi megatron pleased our slow pace, lack of skill & room share on your first trip to BV did not put you off a revisit

Dark-Side

Hi Stumpydemo, I may well be interested. Can you email me some details please? Address in profile.

sambob
    Free Member

I might also be interested stumpydemo, email in profile, cheers 🙂

stumpydemo
    Free Member

We have 2 places up for grabs,so for more info contact Dudley at d.r.c.forsyth@hotmail.co.uk.

sambob
    Free Member

never mind, just realised how many weekends I already have off work, and if I’m not at work I don’t earn any money, so i wouldn’t be able to pay for it anyway. Cheers anyway.

Megatron

Nope, not put off at all IFonly 🙂 speeded up a bit in the last few years (not that you seemed that slow!), but its a bit easier on a bike built for it… just need to learn to be happy with the wheels off the ground.
    Am amazed that Lucy & Phil still manage to find so many good trails. Every year is a different mix of riding, always great!

wl, looking forward to it. will have to see this new style of helmet too, but think I may need a more conventional style!

SBrock
    Free Member

Thinking about booking 18th August, solo, with bike verbier, I presume its lift assisted?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Solo Alps trip’ is closed to new replies.