Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Solo air pikes vs dual position air pikes – any difference in performance?
  • jedimaster
    Free Member

Sorry if this has already been asked before but I cant find a clear answer anywhere.

andylc
    Free Member

I think the general view is the DPA Pikes are more complicated and therefore more to go wrong. Also standard bottomless tokens don’t fit them so you can’t easily adjust the ramp up of the travel. You can however get custom ones from Maverick Suspension in the USA.
    I like my DPA Pikes – every now and then on a steep climb the lower travel is really useful. I didn’t like them without the custom tokens though – went through their travel much too easily.

honourablegeorge

Travel adjust forks usually have two sets of seals in them, so always more stiction than the regular equivalent forks.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have both and can’t say there is a discernible difference, They do what I want them to do, quietly and efficiently. Best thing I can say about Pikes is that when I’m riding, I forget they are there.

Brilliant forks, easily serviceable and back up from fishers, one of the best about, if not the best.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Solo air pikes vs dual position air pikes – any difference in performance?’ is closed to new replies.