Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Solidfuelcentralheatingrangecookertrackworld??
  • isitafox
    Free Member

Building a chimney in our house so we can get a range fitted to power the central heating and wondered if anyone can recommend something that won’t cost the earth??
    Long story short we live in a farmhouse that has been split into two after years of extensions, next door got a Stanley Donard off ebay a few years back to replace their old range and we were looking for something similar but there’s no multifuel boilers out there anymore so we’ll probably have to buy new.
    As brand new they cost an arm and a leg I thought I’d ask the experts here for any suggestions for the cheapest/bestest one to go for?
    Also for extra info it needs to be able to power at least 8 rads!

timber

My parents have a Wamsler, had it about 30 years now. No idea how it sits in your budget, but good size oven and powers 7 big rads at theirs. Spent stormy winters with the windows open to cool down. Grates have been the only weakness, but getting the hotplate cherry red and closing the expansion gaps probably hasn’t helped.
    They’ll struggle to get bits now as theirs is a right hand firebox and all the new ones are only left hand.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Solidfuelcentralheatingrangecookertrackworld??’ is closed to new replies.