Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • soldiers pay..
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

me and the missus were talking tonight abot wars and stuff, ad we could not decide what the deal is for soldiers. do they get paid more when they spend time in a war zone/on active duty?

I thought they did. Mrs JB think they don’t.

who is right?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yes we did..

And you don’t pay for your food and accomodation…

scraprider
    Free Member

yea used to be called danger money, + as above you dont pay food and accom,also depending were in the world you were at , you would also get L.O.A ( local overseas allowance )we got it in germany (B.A.O.R) showing my age now ffs 😐 all changed now of coures ,called different things , but all mean the sane thing.

macmclaren
    Free Member

yea we do, there is a “tax bonus” which works out about 2 and a half grand for a 6 month tour plus depending how many days away you have accrued then you are on a daily rate of LSA. Mine was at 14 quid a day (taxed of course).

For most people there is a good bump in wages but compared to a lot of other nations nowhere near as much, but on the other side of the coin a lot of other nations dont have as good a rate of pay as us when at home.

firestarter
    Free Member

i got paid less in bosnia due to not getting loa even tho food and accom was free :- (

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

What the squaddies get paid is nowhere near enough for the job they are having to do in afganistan.

And this is from someone opposed to a miltary solution to the ‘war on terror’

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘soldiers pay..’ is closed to new replies.